ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entering UK (Northern Ireland) from Ireland

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

il_breeze
Newly Registered

Entering UK (Northern Ireland) from Ireland

Post by il_breeze » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi,

I am planning to make the first entry to UK with my Tier 1 (General) visa from Dublin (either train or car to Belfast). I understand that there will be no Border Control offices on my route.

Is there a way to somehow have my passport/visa stamped upon the entry to UK while I am in Belfast (or any other NI city if required)?

I also need to registered in police as well, but my understanding that it is only if I plan to stay for more than 6 months, which is not the case. In fact I will be leaving UK within a few days after the entry.

I would be glad to have any advice on the subject.

Thanks
Alex

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm

You need to seek a proper legal advise before you embark on that risky journey. They are crazily checking people at the belfast route at the moment. good luck

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:17 pm

El shaddai wrote:You need to seek a proper legal advise before you embark on that risky journey.
What nonsense. The OP has a visa and is entitled to enter the UK from Ireland any way he chooses. He's quite right, there is no formal immigration control between the UK and Ireland, although they do monitor various entry points from time to time and sift out any who should not be there.
There's probably no practical way in which he can get a stamp in his passport to confirm his arrival. If he travels by public transport he should keep his ticket as proof, or if he comes in a car he might buy something in Northern Ireland the day he arrives, or get some sort of receipt to demonstrate that he must have been there on that date.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:11 am

You may think it is nonsense,but i knew of somebody that was detained in Belfast of the same tier1 visa from dublin. Besides i dont think it is neccessary for you to use an abusive word at all, i never said anything wrong? if you are a well cultured and mannered person.that is a foul and unacceptable utterance from a person like you.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:19 am

Little words is enough for a wise