ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invoiced Amount and Bank Transfer Don't Match

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amuk

Invoiced Amount and Bank Transfer Don't Match

Post by amuk » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello,

Wire transfers from a client are always $20 less than the invoiced amount. These are the wire transfer fees.

Say I invoiced the client for $1000.

1. Will it be acceptable if on the bank statement it says $980 whereas in the invoice it says $1000?

2. Also, would $1000 be my gross amount (assuming no other expenses) and $980 be my net pay?

Thank you!

amuk

Bump

Post by amuk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:36 pm

An option could be that add this sentence to the invoice, Your company ' Company ABC' is responsible for the international bank charges'

amuk

Post by amuk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:08 pm

rizwan567 wrote:An option could be that add this sentence to the invoice, Your company ' Company ABC' is responsible for the international bank charges'
Thank you, rizwan567.

This is not the case for all my clients. So, would it suffice to just explain the mismatch wherever necessary?

Thanks again!

xor
Newly Registered

Post by xor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:21 am

[quote="amuk"][quote="rizwan567"]An option could be that add this sentence to the invoice, Your company ' Company ABC' is responsible for the international bank charges'[/quote]

Thank you, rizwan567.

This is not the case for all my clients. So, would it suffice to just explain the mismatch wherever necessary?

Thanks again![/quote]

I'll suggest to get your accountant to explain it or ask your bank to give proofs.

Alternatively, try not to use bank statements and invoices. There're other supporting documents you can use as evidence of previous earnings.