ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Evidence date

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:11 pm

For applications made either in the United Kingdom or overseas, all evidence must be dated no more than one month before the application is submitted.
I finished collecting all my documentation today (got my maintenance fund statement up until today). Now, with Damin Green announcing the closure of Tier 1 (G), I'm thinking of just submitting right now. Has any application ever been rejected on the technicality of it having to be dated before application submission date?

Also, I'm applying online and paying by credit card. Application date is considered the date that they receive payment, so there's a chance that application date could be tomorrow?

I know it's a gamble, but I'm figuring that right now the cap is illegal. Tomorrow they are going to try and fix it, but as things stand now, my application should be processed. (Also, if my application is refused for whatever reason, I can then appeal and then won't be part of the cap?)

Please let me have your thoughts!!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Also, I know that UKBA doesn't give refunds for rejections, however, if the cap is reached, would they then give a refund of the fee?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Out-country applications do not have a full right of appeal.

The date of application depends on whether payment transactions are authorised online or offline. So it depends on how the process works in countries where online application is the only method to apply.

regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Sorry, I meant admin review, because I know all my documentation is as close to perfect as can be and I'm being truthful about everything.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Out-country applications do not have a full right of appeal.

The date of application depends on whether payment transactions are authorised online or offline. So it depends on how the process works in countries where online application is the only method to apply.

regards
Agreed. It is not very clear what date they will consider as date of application. So whatever you do, its going to be a pretty big gamble with money.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:03 am

gregshukla wrote:It is not very clear what date they will consider as date of application.
Crystal clear .... the day payment is credited to UKBA.

regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:31 am

Payments are authorised immediately and it also printed it as 20 December on my application form (date of payment).