ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:31 pm

nanette wrote:Congratulation "asrpb". I was right in telling you that you were already approved...:)- Ahahahahaha And 5 weeks from the 16/11/2010. We have learned to know how things work in INIS.

Note: Where are you based (ie. Dublin, Cork ?)....Waiting till the 25/01/2011 for the judge is way too long....in my view. You need your passport quick...:)-

Slan
Nanette (got citizen in November 2009)

asrpb wrote:Thanks guys :)

Forgot to update yesterday, made an appointment with local district court for oath on 25/01/2011.
Thanks Nanette :) we all knew you'll be right.

Decided to ring few more courts for appointment, everyone(who answered) had different answers. Anyways, I made an earlier appointment for 1st week of Jan @ Bray District Court.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

nanette wrote:Who else is waiting...Post your history, I will advise your expectations.....:)-

Nana
could do with some help :-)

Arrival to ireland 2000 Feb
Applied in 2008 October
Additional docs requested in August 2010
Additional docs sent September 2010

Also had sent a letter requesting for an update at the start of November. They just sent a letter explaining the time frames as given in their website.

Cheers,

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Nanette,

May be you can help me on these two :

Oath: Do I need to bring anything else except yellow form & photo ID ?

Passport: Did you apply passport in person or via passport express ? Any difference ?
Are they fussy about documents in passport office for 1st time applicants like us (new Irish) :)

Thanks again.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 pm

asrpb wrote:Hi Nanette,

May be you can help me on these two :

Oath: Do I need to bring anything else except yellow form & photo ID ?

Passport: Did you apply passport in person or via passport express ? Any difference ?
Are they fussy about documents in passport office for 1st time applicants like us (new Irish) :)

Thanks again.
Congrats mate!

Im not Nanette but just read the letter and it should tell you all instructions in there. Read it carefully

Passport express and tick collect it yourself would be ok if you are in a hurry. (should be same as applying in person)
go to Anpost apply passport express then you will have reference number to check online, passport website will tell you when to collect it.
At passport office for collection, you get number in Queu and give them your reference and you will have your new passport. Documents required for passport application is clearly explained in the passport application document that you get from post office of Garda stn.

good luck!!!
pen pen de sarapin de kutsilyo de armasen
haw haw de karabaw de batutin

strongbow
Member of Standing

Re: APPROVED

Post by strongbow » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm

crown wrote:
asrpb wrote:Hi All,
At last the letter with harp arrived today with details on what to do next.

-----------------------------------------------------------
MY TIME-LINE

DEC 2010 = APPROVED (Letter dated 16/12/10)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Will Keep you guys updated

P.S >>> Do I have to make an appointment in my local district court ONLY or can I ring some other district court as well? Any Advice ?
Congrats
You can try other courts as well. really depends on their discretion whether they will accept your request. I've always been based in Dublin but when I got my approval I had tried other courts. The court in Donegal and Dundalk were ok. Several other courts did not accept my request. In the end I got it done in Dublin itself as there was a special sitting of the court to clear the backlog of those people waiting to take oath.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:25 am

nanette wrote:Who else is waiting...Post your history, I will advise your expectations.....:)-

Nana
Hi, when i called 5 weeks ago, i was told only the gardai report was pending but should be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. when i called yesterday, Inis are telling me 'some gardai reports' arrived but not sure if mine is in the bunch! the lady says they've started sorting the Gardai reports from numero uno of 2008 - mine is 47XX - if anyone's report has come back, the file is prepared & sent to minister. i guess it's useless calling them for 2-3 months.

bugu07

Post by bugu07 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi
Just to update you about my research on naturalisation. I think there are 3 lists going on. one for people with irish contacts. usual waiting time is 18 months. 2nd for general people with waiting time 30-34 months. third for special people with waiting time of 45-60 months.
and to let you know there is another list for those who can have a TD back up ( not a letter, personal interest of TD) and waiting time is 5 months. A friend of mine got naturalisation in 5 months once a TD from south practically rang Mr Ahern infront of him. Would like your comments

krb
Newly Registered

Post by krb » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Hi,
I got letter from DOJ today saying application is in final stages. they have sent a yellow form to sign declaration in open court.
I am just wondering whether this means my application is approved, because the letter doesn't say so explicitly.

My timelines:
Applied end of May2008.
Additional docs requested mid april2010, which were sent immediately.
Birth certificate copy requested in mid October 2010.
When I called 1st week of Dec I was told application is with minister.

Thanks.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Krb,
If you have the yellow form, you are way closer to your final step. Book an appointment with local court for oath. Only sign it in court when asked for.
Then post it, with required details ( check INIS website, i did mine ages ago). Then they will post you back the laminated certificate.
Regards
Tiggs

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:22 pm

bugu07 wrote:Hi
Just to update you about my research on naturalisation. I think there are 3 lists going on. one for people with irish contacts. usual waiting time is 18 months. 2nd for general people with waiting time 30-34 months. third for special people with waiting time of 45-60 months.
and to let you know there is another list for those who can have a TD back up ( not a letter, personal interest of TD) and waiting time is 5 months. A friend of mine got naturalisation in 5 months once a TD from south practically rang Mr Ahern infront of him. Would like your comments

Hi bugu07,

If you don`t mind me asking, who are the general people and special people you are referring to in your 2nd and 3rd list? Am married to EU national ...i applied early May 2008; additional docs requested mid April 2010, docs sent end of April 2010. Certified Birth Cert & Income Tax Return for 2009 requested in Oct. 2010, these docs were posted to INIS same Oct. 2010 ...wrote to INIS in Nov. 2010 requesting for update; reply was " applications are processed on an on-going process, we will contact you if we require additional docs". What category do i belong and how much longer do you reckon i should be waiting, any idea?

Latan

Post by Latan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:03 pm

.....i've met fellow employees from Bosnia, Ukraine- and Zimbabwe- their applications were approved within the 11-month period- it all depends where you originated from. Eastern European employees get preferential treatment as opposed to African-/ Asian citizens. I wish you all a happy christmas and a happy new year. :)

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Absolute nonsense! I'm now a member of an Garda Siochana, married to Irish wife with six years old Irish Kid and the second child on the way. never receive social welfare ...etc my TD contacted Dermot Ahern a few times about this Bizzare situation as I'm waiting 32 months so far. It is ALL abouth the incompetence of some of those clerical officers at INIS and the comptence of other more ethical ones. having said that, I'm sure the prejudice of some of the less ethical staff could play a role in different treatment of different people. it is really about which desk your application lands on rather than planning and lists... etc.
bugu07 wrote:Hi

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Abdul-w-A wrote:Absolute nonsense! I'm now a member of an Garda Siochana, married to Irish wife with six years old Irish Kid and the second child on the way. never receive social welfare ...etc my TD contacted Dermot Ahern a few times about this Bizzare situation as I'm waiting 32 months so far. It is ALL abouth the incompetence of some of those clerical officers at INIS and the comptence of other more ethical ones. having said that, I'm sure the prejudice of some of the less ethical staff could play a role in different treatment of different people. it is really about which desk your application lands on rather than planning and lists... etc.
Do you not have to be an EEA citizen to become an employee of the Public Service (incl. Garda)?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Monifé wrote:
Abdul-w-A wrote:Absolute nonsense! I'm now a member of an Garda Siochana, married to Irish wife with six years old Irish Kid and the second child on the way. never receive social welfare ...etc my TD contacted Dermot Ahern a few times about this Bizzare situation as I'm waiting 32 months so far. It is ALL abouth the incompetence of some of those clerical officers at INIS and the comptence of other more ethical ones. having said that, I'm sure the prejudice of some of the less ethical staff could play a role in different treatment of different people. it is really about which desk your application lands on rather than planning and lists... etc.
Do you not have to be an EEA citizen to become an employee of the Public Service (incl. Garda)?
I dont think so but maybe in certain sectors yes...

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 28268.html

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul-w-A » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi,
Not at all! you can be a non EEA national to join public service generally if you are resident 5 years in the state (all legally recognised categories ie migrant worker, stamp 4 etc) or a refugee with no residency period requirment at all. A very few positions funded exclusively by EU are exclusicve to EEA nationals and some even fewer positions at the department of foreign affairs for example are restricted to Irish Citizens and even EEA nationals can not apply to. but for the overwhelming majority of public positions it is a 5 years residence requirement.

Regards

Do you not have to be an EEA citizen to become an employee of the Public Service (incl. Garda)?[/quote]

Abdul-w-A
Newly Registered

some thoughts

Post by Abdul-w-A » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:30 pm

The Law has changed with regards to garda recruitment following the establishment of the Morris Tribunal which resultedin the An Garda Siochana Act 2005 which allows non Irish Nationals to join the force. May I take this opportunity tio encourage all members of this forum to consider joining the Public service (no age limit) the Gardai (35 years) Garda Reserve (52 years) Irish Army (27 years) these are all open for us and this is how change in attitudes and policies will happen not by migrant rights organisations ...etc

Mr Justice Morris idenfitied in his first report on the Morris Tribunal a culture of ‘us and them’ in the Gardaí. The Gardaí he investigated saw themselves as removed from society in some way. This was behind the ‘blue wall of silence’ which Justice Morris encountered at every turn, meaning that members of the force refused to discuss the wrongdoing of other members. This was epitomised by Garda Leonard who stated ‘You don’t hang your own’. In his recommendations in that first report, Justice Morris called for increased recruitment from ethnic minority groups to break down those concepts of ‘us’. He stated at para 13.124:

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:35 pm

3 years waiting for an answer for irish citzenship ... applied nov 2007

im goin to get to my TD soon, this is becoming a joke now. People who know a gardai or any immigration officier get it within 18 months .

Anybody advice .. what to do .. if you were waiting for 3 years?

Latan

Post by Latan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:48 am

...they're on their break- they'll be open again for normal business as from mid-jan 2011...

krig
Newly Registered

Post by krig » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:05 pm

to realgunner ................ have u been asked for additional docs and when ? friend of mine was asked for additional docs but didnt have job and couldnt send payslips.his case was suspended and now he has waited since 2007

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Abdul-w-A wrote:Hi,
Not at all! you can be a non EEA national to join public service generally if you are resident 5 years in the state (all legally recognised categories ie migrant worker, stamp 4 etc) or a refugee with no residency period requirment at all. A very few positions funded exclusively by EU are exclusicve to EEA nationals and some even fewer positions at the department of foreign affairs for example are restricted to Irish Citizens and even EEA nationals can not apply to. but for the overwhelming majority of public positions it is a 5 years residence requirement.

Regards
I think you might be wrong there, maybe semi-state bodies and the guards take on non-EU citizens but general civil service jobs for example in social welfare or department of justice or central statistics office, you have to be an EU citizen (or naturalised Irish).

(I work in the Central Statistics Office)

Good luck to everyone waiting :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

crown

Post by crown » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:51 pm

Monifé wrote:

Regards
I think you might be wrong there, maybe semi-state bodies and the guards take on non-EU citizens but general civil service jobs for example in social welfare or department of justice or central statistics office, you have to be an EU citizen (or naturalised Irish).

Please this is untrue you only need to have a work permit to work in the civil or public service or any government office. Restrictions only applied in the army and gardai and other security agencies. With the general shortage of applicants and the need to represent the ethnic minorities these have also been relaxed. Hence there are Chinese, Nigerians etc in the gardai and the army now

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:33 pm

crown wrote:
Monifé wrote:

Regards
I think you might be wrong there , maybe semi-state bodies and the guards take on non-EU citizens but general civil service jobs for example in social welfare or department of justice or central statistics office, you have to be an EU citizen (or naturalised Irish).

Please this is untrue you only need to have a work permit to work in the civil or public service or any government office. Restrictions only applied in the army and gardai and other security agencies. With the general shortage of applicants and the need to represent the ethnic minorities these have also been relaxed. Hence there are Chinese, Nigerians etc in the gardai and the army now
CROWN, You may be wrong and if you are right it may be before the recession where do you have the shortages of applicants? Now most government departments even multinationals preferred giving jobs to Irish/Europeans than Non Europeans. Another thing was that it may be written in the rules as a formality to claim equality but in practice it is not being followed.
The Non Europeans are in no favourable position of securing a job at this material time. An example is the Enumerator positions with the Census which will start on the 4th January, Non European are not entitled to apply. I have witnessed many situation since the recession whereby, most employers prefers to employ Irish/European citizens, so the best scenario is for the Government to relax their requirements in respect of the Naturalisation so that those Non Europeans who have been in the country almost 10 years and are legal and have worked in this country for over 5 years, then lost their jobs and have naturalisation applications in should be favoured, unless they has committed any offence, because at the moment securing a job as non european is like trying to walk through a needle hole, so they can have same rights with the Irish and European in securing jobs, if not most Non Europeans who are unemployed at the moment will continute to be a burden on social welfare for a long time until there are enough jobs to go round, since their chances of getting job is very slim and their residency do not cover them in looking for opportunities in other countries like the Irish or European Union members.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:40 pm

Monifé wrote:

Regards
it's enought to have stamp 4 residency to be able to apply for a civil service job (or be able to work without the need for work permit) however, the last time i looked, the competition was unbelievable. the applicants have to go through a test, and only the best scoring would go through to the next round. english language should be brilliant in order to pass... not every immigrant has that...
how long are you in civil service, monife? (if you don't mind me asking)

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm

there was never a shortage of applicants for garda... even the non EU nationals had great competition to enter the force. no special treatment for them.
anyway, there's no more recruitment in civil service for a while now and there won't be for the years to come.[/quote]

HOTSPURS

Happy New Year

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:26 am

Happy New Year to all. Let's hope Miracles happen in 2011 - Divine intervention is the only way to get a decision as of now. :shock: