ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General - Dependant - Clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GBM
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General - Dependant - Clarification

Post by GBM » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi

I am currently on Tier 1 General Migrant Visa in the UK. My Visa is valid until 07 Nov 2012. I am a practising Chartered Accountant and I have the Certificate of Practice issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. I had a temporary job until October and then established my own practice.

I now wish to apply for my son's visa as Tier 1 Dependent. He is currently in India. Under 7.14 in VAF 10 application form, I am required to provide documentary evidence for my job. Willl the Certificate of Practice issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales be accepted as the documentary evidence?

I have enough funds in my account for maintenance.

Please advise.

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General - Dependant - Clarification

Post by gregshukla » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:11 pm

GBM wrote:Hi

I am currently on Tier 1 General Migrant Visa in the UK. My Visa is valid until 07 Nov 2012. I am a practising Chartered Accountant and I have the Certificate of Practice issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. I had a temporary job until October and then established my own practice.

I now wish to apply for my son's visa as Tier 1 Dependent. He is currently in India. Under 7.14 in VAF 10 application form, I am required to provide documentary evidence for my job. Willl the Certificate of Practice issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales be accepted as the documentary evidence?

I have enough funds in my account for maintenance.

Please advise.
Doesnt estabilishing your own practice require some formalities and approval? While I dont have much experience in this area, sounds to me like the certificate proves you have the qualifications? Are there no other documents which prove what job you are doing?

GBM
Newly Registered

Post by GBM » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am

Hi

You are right. The certificate is the proof that I have the necessary qualifications and is the authority for me to do the job. But it is more of a self-employment rather than employment and so my query.

I also have a couple of letters from HMRC where I have received various codes that I need to be able to manage my clients' tax affairs.

Though one doesnt need to be a Chartered Accountant to be able to get these codes, it is a proof that I have registered as an Agent and that I am authorised to manage my clients' tax affairs.

Would it be a good idea to attach these letters from HMRC as well?

Thank you for your time

GBM