ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays 'copy statement' accepted for maintainence fund?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irresistible
Newly Registered

Barclays 'copy statement' accepted for maintainence fund?

Post by irresistible » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Hello,

Greetings Everyone!

I am in the process of filing Tier 1 post study work visa. I have a query related to the bank statements, proving the maintenance funds required for the process. A similar query has already been asked in the forum before but there was no clear firm reply.

I am banking with Barclays and few months ago I switched over to their online statements. I thought I will request the bank to send me original paper statements when my visa is due for renewal. So when I went to the branch, I was advised I can’t receive the original statements and Barclays can only issue copy statements and that should fit for the purpose. The copy statements now I have received are just printed in simple plain text and are not on the Barclays headed paper.

I also requested the bank (two different branches) to stamp the bank statements for the authenticity of the statement or issue a letter for the confirmation of the funds. The request was turned down due to Barclays bank policies. I rang home office contact centre to confirm if they accept the copy statement and I was advised depends on the case worker.

I just want to clarify if any of you have experienced this problem before and if the home office accepts Barclays copy statements with their covering letter.

Previous posts - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 4ff15675af

Best Regards,

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:32 pm

as far as ukba is considered, they want the document from your bank satisfying all the requirements mentioned in their guidance.

if your bank is not issuinng you originals... get your evidence from ukba website ready, and ask to meet bank manager and tell him why you need originals. don't take no for an answer. try multiple branches too.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Barclays 'copy statement' accepted for maintainence fund

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:26 pm

irresistible wrote:Hello,

Greetings Everyone!

I am in the process of filing Tier 1 post study work visa. I have a query related to the bank statements, proving the maintenance funds required for the process. A similar query has already been asked in the forum before but there was no clear firm reply.

I am banking with Barclays and few months ago I switched over to their online statements. I thought I will request the bank to send me original paper statements when my visa is due for renewal. So when I went to the branch, I was advised I can’t receive the original statements and Barclays can only issue copy statements and that should fit for the purpose. The copy statements now I have received are just printed in simple plain text and are not on the Barclays headed paper.

I also requested the bank (two different branches) to stamp the bank statements for the authenticity of the statement or issue a letter for the confirmation of the funds. The request was turned down due to Barclays bank policies. I rang home office contact centre to confirm if they accept the copy statement and I was advised depends on the case worker.

I just want to clarify if any of you have experienced this problem before and if the home office accepts Barclays copy statements with their covering letter.

Previous posts - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 4ff15675af

Best Regards,
That’s all depends on a branch there is not such policy, I always use E-statements and never get turned back without stamped by Barclays bank.
N/A

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 am

barclays bank may provide a stamp on the copy statements or adhoc statements by the branch manager, i have personally got it for my extension. UKBA needs stamp or u may call it as seal on each paper statements

ukba says from its policy guidance 'If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.'

phragix
Newly Registered

Post by phragix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 am

I confirm that Barclays Bank Plc WILL STAMP the bank statements you print out at a kiosk machine at any branch (but ask them where you print it out). These kiosk machines printouts have barclays headers (although it's monochrome) and require them (counter services / personal bankers) to stamp it to ensure its authenticity.

irresistible
Newly Registered

Post by irresistible » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Thank you all for your reply.

After being turned down at 2 different branches, I will give another try tomorrow at the other branches in the city. This time I will ask them to stamp the ‘copy statements’ at least that I have received. Tier 4 >> the dates on the e-statements in the bank doesn’t go much far. They can only be archived for a month or two, so that’s the reason I didn’t print the statements from the kiosk machine. From some of your experience, I can understand the information provided from the Barclays branches is not consistent. So it’s just matter of luck and convincing them tomorrow.

Thanks again, I will update you all with details tomorrow.

Cheers,

irresistible
Newly Registered

Post by irresistible » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi,
I went to 2 different branches today, was refused on the first visit, but luckily the second branch banker was nice enough to stamp all the internet copy statements.
Regards,

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:47 am

irresistible wrote:Hi,
I went to 2 different branches today, was refused on the first visit, but luckily the second branch banker was nice enough to stamp all the internet copy statements.
Regards,
good news, best of luck for your visa, just giving a try made you a success out come of your search.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:56 pm

good news.... just out of interest... does it say anywhere copy? and is it on official letter head?

regards