ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UD78
Newly Registered

Chances?

Post by UD78 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi everybody,

I got HSMP visa in 2007 without any problems. I worked in UK for 5 months but had to move to another country for various reasons. My visa expired in the end of 2009.

Recently I started looking for UK visa options again but found out the "hunt" for the Tier 1 (General) / Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

I will be able to claim 130 points so the points probably won't be a problem.
However, as I need to take IELTS exam again, I won't be able to send my application before end of January 2011. Do I need to re-take that exam?

Can you also advise what are the chances for me to get Tier 1 visa next year? This limit of max. 600 visas per month is quite low and the backlog of applications appears to be huge.

Any opinions?

Best regards,

U

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:03 pm

Reading this post may be useful.

regards

UD78
Newly Registered

Post by UD78 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for that. It looks like chances are slim...:(

xor
Newly Registered

Post by xor » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 am

Just send the application in before the amended rules laid before parliament. As the High Court ruled the interim limit is illegal, technically there is no limit in place today (if the government is not appealing or the court of appeal upholds the decision)