ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khargosh1
Newly Registered

Passport application

Post by khargosh1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Hello everyone

Could someone please tell me if IPS sends the documents (my naturalisation certificate and my non UK passport) via recorded delievery. If yes what company do they use? Do they use Royal mail recorded delievery or some other courier company? And does the British passport come in recorded delivery or normal post?

Regards

Smallfamily

Re: Passport application

Post by Smallfamily » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:34 am

khargosh1 wrote:Hello everyone

Could someone please tell me if IPS sends the documents (my naturalisation certificate and my non UK passport) via recorded delievery. If yes what company do they use? Do they use Royal mail recorded delievery or some other courier company? And does the British passport come in recorded delivery or normal post?

Regards
If you want ur documents to be sent back to you through a recorded delievery then I'm afraid you have to add £3 extra to the IPS fee or put a self paid envelope with your original documents...as they use normal post

boloney

Re: Passport application

Post by boloney » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Smallfamily wrote:
khargosh1 wrote:Hello everyone

Regards
If you want ur documents to be sent back to you through a recorded delievery then I'm afraid you have to add £3 extra to the IPS fee or put a self paid envelope with your original documents...as they use normal post
British passport should came by courier, they don`t use royal mail.

voytek
Newly Registered

Post by voytek » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm confused of supporting documents need to be send when applying for UK passport

I originally come form EEA country, this month I was granted British citizenship and want to apply for first adult UK passport. But I don't know clearly what documents I should provide:
- my current passport on which I entered UK
- the HO certificate of naturalisation
-passport application
- correct fee
- two identical photographs (one signed by countersign)

Anything else?? I'm confused with the guide saying about birth certificates and marriage certificates of my parents and grandparents.
Thanks for any help

Sandieo
Newly Registered

passport application

Post by Sandieo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi Voytek, I have today submitted my application for a british passport via the Post Office Check and Send Service. I enclosed the following :
£8.00 post office fee
£3.00 for the return of my documents by secure post
£77.50 passport fee
2 passport photographs , 1 countersigned by the countersigner
1 fully completed application form
uncancelled current passport with ILR Stamp
Naturalisation Certificate
I have also been informed that owing to the christmas period it could take up to 7 weeks for the process to be fully completed, but been advised to contact IPS by the end of Jan if I havent heard anything.

voytek
Newly Registered

Re: passport application

Post by voytek » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Sandieo wrote:Hi Voytek, I have today submitted my application for a british passport via the Post Office Check and Send Service. I enclosed the following :
£8.00 post office fee
£3.00 for the return of my documents by secure post
£77.50 passport fee
2 passport photographs , 1 countersigned by the countersigner
1 fully completed application form
uncancelled current passport with ILR Stamp
Naturalisation Certificate
I have also been informed that owing to the christmas period it could take up to 7 weeks for the process to be fully completed, but been advised to contact IPS by the end of Jan if I havent heard anything.
thanks for reply Sandieo. im gonna send the same documents as you provided. i did some research and that documents should be enough for IPS. Well im travelling in 22-29 January to another EU country and if i wont receive back my current EEA passport or the new uk passport that i applied before the date of travel, i will use my ID card.

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 am

I also applied with these documents and got my passport so it was fine. I think the birth and marriage certificates are only needed if you are claiming citizenship via your parents, not when you've got a naturalisation certificate.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:13 am

It seems that it could take much more time for the passport application to reach IPS via post office send&check service than the direct postal with special delivery. I am about to apply for passport and wondering which option I'm going for. Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I thought I should share my experience with everyone else. 8)

I sent 2 passport application through Royal mail next day recorded delievery and enclosed a self paid envelope for the return of my original documents.

Sent on 16th December which was Thurday
Received my supporting documents + references for making appointments for interview on 21st December which was Tuesday.

Extremely impressed with their speed :D