ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa extension + dependents application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

john353

Tier 2 visa extension + dependents application

Post by john353 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm

I plan to apply for a Tier2 visa extension in December 2010, as my visa expires in March. I will be also applying for my wife and my son's (baby) dependent visa at the same time, i.e total 3 applications. I have the following questions:

1)Does my son need to provide biometrics data, as he is infant? Also in his application form in the declaration section, it is not clear if the parent can make the signature or the baby's thumb impression is required.

2) For my application, in section C9, it is mentioned that "the applicant’s current Biometric Residence Permit must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form". I don't have a Biometric Residence Permit. I am confused as to what to enter here.

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 visa extension + dependents application

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:18 pm

john353 wrote:1)Does my son need to provide biometrics data, as he is infant? Also in his application form in the declaration section, it is not clear if the parent can make the signature or the baby's thumb impression is required.
No, and either parent can sign on behalf of the child.
john353 wrote:2) For my application, in section C9, it is mentioned that "the applicant’s current Biometric Residence Permit must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form". I don't have a Biometric Residence Permit. I am confused as to what to enter here.
Read again and carefully. You'll note the use of "If" in the sentence.

regards

john353

Post by john353 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi @sushdmehta,

Thanks for the reply. But regarding my question on BRP still it is not clear.

I have copied section C9 of the application below.
"C9. Please give details of the applicant’s Biometric Residence Permit. Please note for the application to be valid and complete the applicant’s current Bimetric Residence Permit must be provided, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form."

Sorry, I am totally new to this BRP concept and hence the confusion. Can I ignore C9 and go to C10 which is copied below "C10. If the BRP is not enclosed then please give details why the applicant is unable to provide it." Can I say something like - my Tier 2 visa was issued in early 2009 and hence did not get a BRP at the time.

Cheers.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Reading the guidance before getting down to filling the form helps!
Tier 2 application form wrote:C9-C12 If the applicant’s current grant of leave was issued on a Residence Permit (BRP) he/she must also provide the BRP in order for the application to be valid, unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified on the application form.

regards

john353

Post by john353 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks for the info. I hadn't noticed that part before.

Cheers again.

john353

Tier 2 visa extension

Post by john353 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Hi,

I will be applying for my Tier 2 visa extension application in the coming weeks together with my wife + infant son extension application. Company has issued me with a COS last week (fortunately!).

My question is with the documents required. I am familiar with the documents required for the tier 2 visa and dependent visa applications. However after going through the application forms, I get the impression that no document other than Passport/visa stamp, COS and photographs are required, since this is an extension application. Obviously english requirement and degree proofs need not be shown. My questions in light of the extension application are

1)Do I need to show bank statements, accommodation proof since all of us are already in UK and this is an extension application?

2) Also is marriage certificate and birth certificate required for the dependents, since they already have shown these before in previous applications?

Tips from those familar/applied for extension applications is appreciated.

Cheers.

john353

Post by john353 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:35 am

Can someone suggest if maintainence proof (bank statements) need to be shown for Tier 2 extension application? i am applying this week and Suggestions are appreciated.

john353

Post by john353 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:51 am

Confusion is because in the application form it mentions if the applicant has entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant, go to question M4, which basically skips the proof part and tick M4 which says applicant has claimed 10 points for their level of funds. But M3 says "The applicant currently has leave in Tier 2 and has sent supporting evidence on an earlier application to show that he/she meets the maintenance requirements."

john353

Post by john353 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:53 am

Also in the latest app. forms there is a section 6 to give consent to UKBA for bank verifications.