ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA response regarding extension applications post Apr'11

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajaram20

Post by rajaram20 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 pm

gregshukla wrote:
rajaram20 wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-overseas

"Tier 1 (General) overseas will not reopen for applications. Tier 1 (General) in the UK will remain open until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK, and we will announce details of these in due course"

It is a good news for people already here. Guys don't worry everything should be fine.

Cheers

Hope so, but we will know for sure only once the "transitional arrangements" are set in stone by UKBA.
Transistional arrangement should be the same, reason I am saying this Government cannot affort to lose another court case as this change maybe be legally possible but not in terms of human rights and fairness. for example you can take the case of Iraqi asylum seeker recently. Should be fine. Fingers crossed.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi all,

I got this reply

Dear,

The changes to the Immigration Rules that were laid today do not affect applications made in the UK. Tier 1 (General) will remain open to all in-country applicants until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements for Tier 1 (General) migrants who wish to apply for extensions after April. We will publish details of these arrangements on our website early in 2011.

Regards,
Richard
Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA
P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

rajaram20 wrote:
gregshukla wrote:

"Tier 1 (General) overseas will not reopen for applications. Tier 1 (General) in the UK will remain open until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK, and we will announce details of these in due course"

It is a good news for people already here. Guys don't worry everything should be fine.

Cheers

Hope so, but we will know for sure only once the "transitional arrangements" are set in stone by UKBA.
Transistional arrangement should be the same, reason I am saying this Government cannot affort to lose another court case as this change maybe be legally possible but not in terms of human rights and fairness. for example you can take the case of Iraqi asylum seeker recently. Should be fine. Fingers crossed.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:23 pm

There is one more thing to be noted...if they wanted to stop Tier 1 general extension applications after april 2011 then they should have stopped in-country Tier 1 general applications now itself as there may be many people applying for Tier 1 in country as well until April 5, 2011..Where will these people go after 2 years..
pgaitonde wrote:Hi all,

I got this reply

Dear,

The changes to the Immigration Rules that were laid today do not affect applications made in the UK. Tier 1 (General) will remain open to all in-country applicants until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements for Tier 1 (General) migrants who wish to apply for extensions after April. We will publish details of these arrangements on our website early in 2011.

Regards,
Richard
Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency

rajaram20 wrote:
gregshukla wrote:

Cheers

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:24 pm

pgaitonde wrote:Hi all,

I got this reply

Dear,

Regards,
Richard
Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency

rajaram20 wrote:
gregshukla wrote:

Cheers

GOod that they explicitly mentioned T1g instead of "some migrants" in your latest email.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:31 pm

Just joking, Richard Jackson must have gone crazy by now after replying many e-mails asking same question. Probably, he will not volunteer to take this type of responsibity in future.

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:51 pm

manojk005 wrote:Just joking, Richard Jackson must have gone crazy by now after replying many e-mails asking same question. Probably, he will not volunteer to take this type of responsibity in future.
just thought the same :)

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:06 pm

pgaitonde wrote:There is one more thing to be noted...if they wanted to stop Tier 1 general extension applications after april 2011 then they should have stopped in-country Tier 1 general applications now itself as there may be many people applying for Tier 1 in country as well until April 5, 2011..Where will these people go after 2 years..
Although stopping T1g extensions would probably have not been done anyway, it was good to get some confirmation from UKBA that there will be arrangements for T1G extensions.

Up to today, it was not clear this would be the case.

Even after the email you got, it is still not clear when this will be made the official rules, and what the actual transitional arrangements will be, that is what everyone should now wait to find out.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Yes we meed to wait and watch..It should be out sometime in jab or feb 2011...
gregshukla wrote:
pgaitonde wrote:There is one more thing to be noted...if they wanted to stop Tier 1 general extension applications after april 2011 then they should have stopped in-country Tier 1 general applications now itself as there may be many people applying for Tier 1 in country as well until April 5, 2011..Where will these people go after 2 years..
Although stopping T1g extensions would probably have not been done anyway, it was good to get some confirmation from UKBA that there will be arrangements for T1G extensions.

Up to today, it was not clear this would be the case.

Even after the email you got, it is still not clear when this will be made the official rules, and what the actual transitional arrangements will be, that is what everyone should now wait to find out.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:11 pm

News whether good or bad, may I take this opportunity to request "scare mongers with intensive speculation skills" to have a pint of whatever they drink and keep away from this thread? :roll:

FC

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:50 pm

*FC* wrote:News whether good or bad, may I take this opportunity to request "scare mongers with intensive speculation skills" to have a pint of whatever they drink and keep away from this thread? :roll:

FC
:) :) :D

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 pm

*FC* wrote:News whether good or bad, may I take this opportunity to request "scare mongers with intensive speculation skills" to have a pint of whatever they drink and keep away from this thread? :roll:

FC
Totally agree!!! it's nothing but scare mongering!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Unfortunately, some members have that as their only agenda (to post on this forum)!

Maybe playing the role of immigration policy strategists is too difficult to resist, and with no appreciation of the fact that that they are doing nothing (to help fellow immigrants) other than speculating and spreading panic amongst the existing Tier 1 (General) members of this forum.

Until such time that the govt. / UKBA announces any changes to immigration rules regarding leave to remain (extension) and indefinite leave to remain (settlement) of existing Tier 1 (General) migrants, the rules remain as specified in Part 6A (245AA-245G) and Part 8 (319A-319K) of the immigration rules.

People should not panic because of uncertainty that, as yet, is or may be just a result of individuals' imagination(s) than based on factual information.

IMHO ....

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

sureshep

Post by sureshep » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:03 pm

Hi friends,

I am also bit tensed.

Of the interests, request you to kindly reply to my query below :

I am currently in UK with Tier 1 (General) visa valid till 28th Dec 2011. My dependents (wife & child) are in India (no visa applied for them).

However, I am planning to apply for extension in next Novemeber. At the same time, wanted to apply for my dependents and planning to bring them.

My query :
Is it possible to apply for fresh new dependent's visa along with my extenstion ???

I have seen the statement below :
There will be transitional arrangements for Tier 1 (General) migrants who wish to apply for extensions after April
in UK border agency site.

But, not sure about my current problem.

Request you to kindly share your valuable inputs.

Awaiting for your earliest responses.

Regards,
Suresh

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:25 pm

sureshep wrote:Hi friends,

I am also bit tensed.

I am currently in UK with Tier 1 (General) visa valid till 28th Dec 2011. My dependents (wife & child) are in India (no visa applied for them).

However, I am planning to apply for extension in next Novemeber. At the same time, wanted to apply for my dependents and planning to bring them.

My query :
Is it possible to apply for fresh new dependent's visa along with my extenstion ???

There will be transitional arrangements for Tier 1 (General) migrants who wish to apply for extensions after April

Regards,
Suresh

Based on the current rules and the latest announcements, you should be fine and so should be your dependants.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 pm

silverline wrote:

FC
Totally agree!!! it's nothing but scare mongering!!
Curious as to what particular posts in this thread you thought were scare-mongering (as opposed to a discussion on emails received from an UKBA employee). Asking because I contributed here earlier, certainly with no intention to "scare-monger", so if it was any of my posts would like that as genuine feedback (I have only reently become active on the forums to give back what help I have got over time).

If they were not my posts, ignore the above :)

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:12 pm

sureshep wrote:Hi friends,

I am also bit tensed.

My query :

Regards,
Suresh

Under current rules, you can apply for your dependants any time. If you want to apply in November 11, there shouldn't be any problem.

Don't panic, heavens are not going to fall.

In this case, "Scare Mongering" is simply a by-product of Paranoaia. Perhaps no one is becoming part of scare mongering deliberately.

viki83

Another reply from UKBA

Post by viki83 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:31 am

As for my part, I dont think so I have been scaremongering. Instead so far I have given positive news which I got through emails from UKBA officer. Here is another one which looks like a good sign:

To: waqar.zafar@gmail.com
Date: 21 December 2010 17:54
Subject: RE: Query regarding Tier 1 General Changes

It will probably mean the same criteria, but it is too early to say.
Look out for further announcements on our website.

Regards,
Richard

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 21 December 2010 5:30 PM
To: Jackson Richard (Immigration Policy)
Subject: Re: Query regarding Tier 1 General Changes

Hi,

Thanks alot for your kind response. As there will be transitional
arrangements for existing Tier 1 (General) migrants to extend their
leave,
would the points criteria remain same as when initial Tier 1 (General)
application was made as it is the case now for extensions.

Regards,
Waqar Zafar

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing

email address

Post by jinkazama_11 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 pm

Hi
could you please share the email address for ukba Immigration Policy department?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Another reply from UKBA

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:47 pm

viki83 wrote:As for my part, I dont think so I have been scaremongering.
No offence, but generally speaking ... spreading the notion that there are going to be changes in immigration rules regarding leave to remain (extension) of existing migrants when the government has not, as yet, announced any such changes (or intentions thereof) and then posting UKBA responses about a query regarding a non-existing issue .... what should that be termed as?

Do you believe that a customer support executive at UKBA can advise you (public at large) about any (imaginary or perceived) changes in immigration rules and a policy that is yet to be formulated (as a result of such imaginary / perceived changes) of formally announced by the government? That's like making classified information public .. without consent. The latest response from UKBA is a clear evidence of what I am trying to convey!
It will probably mean the same criteria, but it is too early to say. Look out for further announcements on our website.
Wait for government / UKBA to make an announcement in the regard (if any), which has not yet been done.

IMHO ....

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:55 pm

We should remember that we can evaluate for ourselves the weight or reliance we place on each post. We can see whether there is evidence provided to support the point or (if not) decide that it is a theory, speculation, or fear being expressed by the poster. I would prefer everyone to feel able to share information or ideas without fear of criticism, and to decide for myself whether to pay attention to the information or not.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:44 am

sushdmehta wrote:
No offence, but generally speaking ... spreading the notion that there are going to be changes in immigration rules regarding leave to remain (extension) of existing migrants when the government has not, as yet, announced any such changes (or intentions thereof) and then posting UKBA responses about a query regarding a non-existing issue .... what should that be termed as?

Do you believe that a customer support executive at UKBA can advise you (public at large) about any (imaginary or perceived) changes in immigration rules and a policy that is yet to be formulated (as a result of such imaginary / perceived changes) of formally announced by the government? That's like making classified information public .. without consent. The latest response from UKBA is a clear evidence of what I am trying to convey!
It will probably mean the same criteria, but it is too early to say. Look out for further announcements on our website.
Wait for government / UKBA to make an announcement in the regard (if any), which has not yet been done.

IMHO ....

regards
Just to clarify the information I got is not from some "Customer Advisor". He is a senior policy maker at UKBA and reading this article you might get some clear idea who Mr Jackson is:

http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=list&lid=124417

If you have gone through my previous posts, I contacted the same person who was mentioned on "statement of changes" which was published by UKBA regarding changes.

I think there should be some weight given to what is said by immigration officer compare to public enquiry office people.

In the end, its my personal opinion that everything is going to be fine and and based on correspondence, it will hopefully be same criteria for extensions.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:50 am

viki83 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:

IMHO ....

regards
Just to clarify the information I got is not from some "Customer Advisor". He is a senior policy maker at UKBA and reading this article you might get some clear idea who Mr Jackson is:

If you have gone through my previous posts, I contacted the same person who was mentioned on "statement of changes" which was published by UKBA regarding changes.

I think there should be some weight given to what is said by immigration officer compare to public enquiry office people.

In the end, its my personal opinion that everything is going to be fine and and based on correspondence, it will hopefully be same criteria for extensions.
Thank you, viki83. I don't know about others, but I am very grateful that you took the effort eliciting all this information from senior people at UKBA.

maxstud
Newly Registered

Post by maxstud » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:32 am

viki83 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
viki83 wrote: regards

Thank you viki83 for getting this information from a senior person in UKBA. I just googled him and he seems to have looked after previous transitional arrangements as well (especially when PBS came in force). So hopefully we will have some good news in Jan.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:52 am

maxstud wrote:
viki83 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
viki83 wrote: regards

Thank you viki83 for getting this information from a senior person in UKBA. I just googled him and he seems to have looked after previous transitional arrangements as well (especially when PBS came in force). So hopefully we will have some good news in Jan.
That is the reason I posted this information as it is from authentic source. At least people can do an effort to google his name to know he is not a "Customer Advisor". I don't get any personal gains posting this information which in any case is encouraging. I knew others would be going through same phase as I am as day before yesterday, we were all in uncertainty and confusion. At least contacting him gave us a chance to relax and think positive for a few months. I never expected he would reply but he did. One more thing to notice is the news regarding closure of tier 1 general when first posted in the morning yesterday was without any mention of transitional arrangements. I think the news was updated sometimes in afternoon after many people must have bombarded Mr Jackson with a flood of mails. I posted this information regarding transitional arrangements well before it was on UKBA site.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am

I too would like to just express my gratitude to viki83 at finding out this information on behalf of others. I will hopefully be in a similar situation soon (waiting for my visa to be granted) and I have been worried about extensions for myself.

Whilst I realise that rules can change, it is good to see fairly re-assuring responses from more senior people at UKBA. We are all wondering all the time if and when anything is going to change and getting some information is much better than getting none. There will always be speculation on things we don't know (e.g. on the future) and I don't think anyone can give a clear answer. At least people can now look at some more "concrete" information and speculate based on that rather than just speculation based on no information at all.

Unfortunately, in these times where things are so uncertain, people want to be reassured and get answers, because when we don't know something at all, we always expect the worst (especially now, based on the drastic changes in the last few weeks!).