ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BJ21

Re: Ceremony

Post by BJ21 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:39 pm

ukpl wrote:
Muz wrote:I was surprised before the ceremony I was asked to produce a 2nd letter from the home Office. I was not aware there was a second letter needed, luckily for me, it arrived yesterday hours before the ceremony. The lady at the registrars office said, had i failed to produce the letter, she would have had to ask the Home office to fax it to her whilst I waited to take the oath.

The two letters I received from Home Office are as follows:
1) Letter notifying successs of application with original documents returned.
2) Letter of approval

Hence I have made some changes to the timeline as follows:
NCS or Postal: Postal
I am still waiting for the 2nd letter from HO.
Approval letter received on 10th Dec.
Is the 2nd letter only relevant to Postal applications?
Could have attended ceremony today but without 2nd letter I have opted for 4th January 2011. Hope the 2nd letter will materialise before then.
hi ukpl

i wondered why HO send two letter while they send approval letter, you know in your approval letter HO wrote, you should contact with your local council to arrange citizenship ceromony, and also they mention Council's address and contact number. as i contact with my council and after they verified my identity they saw the the approval letter and gave me citizenship ceromony invitation letter (Public). If i am right then which second letter you expect from HO. Wish you a very happy new year.

Duderico
Newly Registered

Re: Ceremony

Post by Duderico » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:31 pm

BJ21 wrote:
ukpl wrote:
Muz wrote:I was surprised before the ceremony I was asked to produce a 2nd letter from the home Office. I was not aware there was a second letter needed, luckily for me, it arrived yesterday hours before the ceremony. The lady at the registrars office said, had i failed to produce the letter, she would have had to ask the Home office to fax it to her whilst I waited to take the oath.

The two letters I received from Home Office are as follows:
1) Letter notifying successs of application with original documents returned.
2) Letter of approval

Hence I have made some changes to the timeline as follows:
I am still waiting for the 2nd letter from HO.
Approval letter received on 10th Dec.
Is the 2nd letter only relevant to Postal applications?
Could have attended ceremony today but without 2nd letter I have opted for 4th January 2011. Hope the 2nd letter will materialise before then.
hi ukpl

i wondered why HO send two letter while they send approval letter, you know in your approval letter HO wrote, you should contact with your local council to arrange citizenship ceromony, and also they mention Council's address and contact number. as i contact with my council and after they verified my identity they saw the the approval letter and gave me citizenship ceromony invitation letter (Public). If i am right then which second letter you expect from HO. Wish you a very happy new year.
Hi
Same here, As BJ21 mentioned I have received a letter from HO (Letter notifying success of application with original documents returned) and one from Council (citizenship ceremony invitation letter) after call them to arrange for ceremony.

And mine is Postal application.

Not sure about 2nd letter from HO. Please let us know any one received 2 letters from HO.

Thanks

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:47 pm

My approval letter says:
"I am pleased to say that the applications have been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony.(...)
Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation. If you have not received your invitation within 2 weeks of the above date, you should contact Home Office to request a further copy."

They put the words in bold as above.
There is no contact details to my local council, no telephone number, nothing at all.
So, based on Muz'es post, I assume I am due second letter.
Anyway, I contacted my local registrar office this afternoon and the lady on the phone was very confused and told me it is me who is supposed to initiate things and I should contact them without waiting for another letter as they have no idea what is the 2nd letter for. She checked then my referrence number and as she was in possession of all required paperwork she asked me if I can come today as they do ceremonies on Tuesdays, but it was too late for me to organise things (less than 2 hours). So I have booked next possible Tuesday which is 4th January 2011. Soon after that Deputy Registrar sent me an email with confirmation of my booking for a forthcoming citizenship ceremony.
This is really confusing.
Last edited by ukpl on Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 pm

ukpl wrote:My approval letter says:
"I am pleased to say that the applications have been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony.(...)
Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your Local Authority until you have received your invitation. If you have not received your invitation within 2 weeks of the above date, you should contact Home Office to request a further copy."

There is no contact details to my local council, no telephone number, nothing at all.
Anyway, I contacted my local registrar office this afternoon and the lady on the phone was very confused and told me it is me who is supposed to initiate things and I should contact them without waiting for another letter as they have no idea what is the 2nd letter for. She checked then my referrence number and as she was in possession of all required paperwork she asked me if I can come today as they do ceremonies on Tuesdays, but it was too late for me to organise things (less than 2 hours). So I have booked next possible Tuesday which is 4th January 2011. Soon after that Deputy Registrar sent me an email with confirmation of my booking for a forthcoming citizenship ceremony.
Hi ukpl
so we can say HO will not send any second letter, but the applicant need to contact with the local register office to arrange his/her citizenship ceromony. by the way, in my letter they mentioned local authirity's address and phone number, but it is not the big deal, the big deal is applicant need to contact with the (Local) register office as soon as they receive the approval letter.

HaseebKhan

Post by HaseebKhan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:01 pm

BJ21 wrote:

Hi ukpl
so we can say HO will not send any second letter, but the applicant need to contact with the local register office to arrange his/her citizenship ceromony. by the way, in my letter they mentioned local authirity's address and phone number, but it is not the big deal, the big deal is applicant need to contact with the (Local) register office as soon as they receive the approval letter.

No
HO will send you a another letter with in a week time but feel free to contact your local authority after week time.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:46 pm

HaseebKhan wrote:
BJ21 wrote:

Hi ukpl

No
HO will send you a another letter with in a week time but feel free to contact your local authority after week time.
That's for postal application.

As of NCS, the two letters come together at the same time. Does it make sense? what I can think is that HO already knew from your NCS submission which registration office you are going for ceremony.

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 pm

wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:
HaseebKhan wrote:
BJ21 wrote:

Hi ukpl

No

As of NCS, the two letters come together at the same time. Does it make sense? what I can think is that HO already knew from your NCS submission which registration office you are going for ceremony.
May be HaseebKhan or may be wp_to_tier1_168 is right, but what i can tell you my citizenship ceromony is tomorrow and i have not received any 2nd letter from HO, i contact with my council as it was clearly state on my approval letter and arrange my citizenship ceromony (Date) May be the 2nd letter only applicable for Postal Application. really cofusing :roll:

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 am

Date of submission: 1st November 2010
Date reached HO: 2nd November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 4th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 10th November (Dated 4th November)
Date UKBA made decision: 25th November
Date of receipt of approval letter: 26th November
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 6th December ( dated 29th November)
Date of ceremony: 8th December ( Public)
Date of Passport application: 8th December (postal)
Date of receipt of supporting documents: 15 December ( enclosed a special delivery envelope)
Date of Interview letter receipt: 16 December ( booked the interview over the phone)
Date of Passport interview : 17 December
Date of receipt of passport: 23 December ( New version)

The End!!

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:30 am

manutd666 wrote:NCS or Postal: Postal
Date of receipt of Ceremony Invitation letter: 6th December ( dated 29th November)
Date of receipt of supporting documents: 15 December ( enclosed a special delivery envelope)
Date of Interview letter receipt: 16 December ( booked the interview over the phone)

The End!!
Congras!

Can I ask when you called them to book the interview after you sent your passport application? thanks.

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:20 pm

wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:

The End!!
Congras!

Can I ask when you called them to book the interview after you sent your passport application? thanks.
Thanks you :wink:
I have rang them to book my interview the day I received the interview letter from IPS. The mistake I have made was not to write down the application reference number therefore they could not access the application or give us the reference number over the phone before we received that letter. I do strongly suggest you to write down the application reference number before you send it. Also we were going to send it using check and send service (although many on here suggested that the service is useless) and believe me it is, they did want to send it, saying the photographs weren’t up to standard and the signature wasn’t in the box, I did convince my wife to send it anyway (as we have used the same photographs for the IRL and citizenship). Everything went smoothly! The photographs were fine as well as the signature.
We can relax now as we are going abroad in January.
IRL 1 November 2010
Citizenship 8 December 2010
Passport 23 December 2010
Not bad at all :D . This forum has been a great help !

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:27 pm

manutd666 wrote:
wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:

The End!!
Congras!

I have rang them to book my interview the day I received the interview letter from IPS. The mistake I have made was not to write down the application reference number therefore they could not access the application or give us the reference number over the phone before we received that letter. I do strongly suggest you to write down the application reference number before you send it. Also we were going to send it using check and send service (although many on here suggested that the service is useless) and believe me it is, they did want to send it, saying the photographs weren’t up to standard and the signature wasn’t in the box, I did convince my wife to send it anyway (as we have used the same photographs for the IRL and citizenship). Everything went smoothly! The photographs were fine as well as the signature.
IRL 1 November 2010

Hi there,
Weren't your photograph too old? The photo in ILR is at leat one year old?
Did you use same photo in all -ILR, BC and passport and they didn't object?
Many thanks
S

manutd666

Post by manutd666 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:35 pm

saurya_s wrote:
manutd666 wrote:
wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:

The End!!
Congras!

IRL 1 November 2010

Hi there,
Many thanks
S

If you have read my message properly you would have found the answers to your questions :lol:
No the photographs weren’t old (we took them in October 2010) IRL was in November 2010 and applied for citizenship the same day. Post office told us that the eyes were under the line when they checked them. As I said we did use the same photographs for IRL and citizenship and they were fine so we just send the passport application by post and as I first expected everything was just fine, I mean we did get the passport with the photograph that post office said wasn’t up to standard.. Maybe they were too cautious I don’t know what I do know is that IMO check and send is a useless service.

Regards :wink:

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

manutd666 wrote:
saurya_s wrote:
manutd666 wrote:
wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:
Congras!

IRL 1 November 2010

Hi there,
Many thanks
S

If you have read my message properly you would have found the answers to your questions :lol:
No the photographs weren’t old (we took them in October 2010) IRL was in November 2010 and applied for citizenship the same day. Post office told us that the eyes were under the line when they checked them. As I said we did use the same photographs for IRL and citizenship and they were fine so we just send the passport application by post and as I first expected everything was just fine, I mean we did get the passport with the photograph that post office said wasn’t up to standard.. Maybe they were too cautious I don’t know what I do know is that IMO check and send is a useless service.

Regards :wink:
It looked great to me that the interview was available on the next day after you booked it.

I am wondering whether I can book the interview by using the bar code before receipt of their interview letter? How long normally I can do that after I send my application via special delivery? Thanks.
Last edited by wp_to_tier1_168 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:41 pm

BJ21 wrote:
wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:
HaseebKhan wrote:
BJ21 wrote:
Hi ukpl

No

May be HaseebKhan or may be wp_to_tier1_168 is right, but what i can tell you my citizenship ceromony is tomorrow and i have not received any 2nd letter from HO, i contact with my council as it was clearly state on my approval letter and arrange my citizenship ceromony (Date) May be the 2nd letter only applicable for Postal Application. really cofusing :roll:
Update:
This morning I received second letter from HO (dated 13-Dec, sent by 2nd class) which is titled: CITIZENHIP INVITATION.
I am supposed to bring it to the ceremony as otherwise it will be postponed.
So, there are indeed 2 letters from HO in my case.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:50 pm

ukpl, glad to hear that you've received it.

Looking at the delivery timeline of your ceremony letter (received today and dated 13 Dec), it seems unlikely to get my decision letter before Xmas, since I was told their decision made on 15 Dec but posted on 20 Dec. Finger cross!!!

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Just called UKBA and was informed by the person that a decision has been made on 17th dec..( i have not received approval or rejection letter yet)

he did not reveal the outcome though...

i called the council where i wanted to have my ceremony but they told me that they have not got anything on the register..

could it be that this was sent to my local council where i reside ( i applied through hackney but i live in red bridge council area and i requested my ceremony to be held in newham..

any thought ?

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:11 pm

technical_lemon wrote:Just called UKBA and was informed by the person that a decision has been made on 17th dec..( i have not received approval or rejection letter yet)

i called the council where i wanted to have my ceremony but they told me that they have not got anything on the register..

could it be that this was sent to my local council where i reside ( i applied through hackney but i live in red bridge council area and i requested my ceremony to be held in newham..

any thought ?
Did he mention when they sent their decision letter?

In my case, I was told they made decision on 15 Dec but sent the letter on 20 Dec. I haven't yet received it. I guess this delay might be caused by the weather condition and festive season.

Nomally the decision letter would be sent to your home address while the naturalization certificate to your local registration office.

Br.
Last edited by wp_to_tier1_168 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desisongs
Newly Registered

Post by desisongs » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:36 pm

technical_lemon wrote:Just called UKBA and was informed by the person that a decision has been made on 17th dec..( i have not received approval or rejection letter yet)

any thought ?
good news in the sense that they have made a decision. i am sure it will be positive.

when i applied thru NCS, i did not ask for local council and was told that the immigration guys are 'planning' to change that i.e. everyone must go to their local council instead of selecting anyone.

i still chose a different council as there was no harm trying.

awaiting decision on mine now...fingers crossed.

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:11 pm

i did not ask when the letter was sent he simply told me that decision is already made on 17th and your decision letter will be on way...
will not bother to call again and will wait to see the out come i guess it will be after xmas and new year..

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:32 pm

I think I should share this with all of you. All councils receive their post i.e. Neutralisation certificates only once a week.

So e.g. Bucks council receives post from HO every Tuesday. So if the decision made on Monday or even thursday, HO posts it on the following Monday so the council can receive it by Tuesday which is the post receiving day for Bucks council ...

All councils have diiferent delievery days for Neutralisation certificates thats why some ppl get their invitation letters quicker then others.

Hope this make sense :D

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 am

Update

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission: 15th Nov 2010
Payment debited on: 17th Nov 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26th Nov 2010 (dated 18/11/2010)
Date of approval: 2nd December 2010
Date of receipt of Approval : 10th December 2010
Date of ceremony -23rd December 2010
Date of Passport application - Awaiting
IPS letter for interview sent out on Awaiting
IPS letter for interview received Awaiting
Date of Interview: Awaiting
Receipt of passport: Awaiting

technical_lemon

Post by technical_lemon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi..

Just got the letter on time and its approved.. my time line is below still few more wks to complete the whole process (getting Passport)

this forum is a great help to me and many people

my next question is shall i call the council to book the ceremony or should wait for council to contact me for ceremony?

HSMP JR 4+1 yr
Date of submission: 5th November 2010
Date reached HO: 08th November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 18th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 24 November (Dated 22nd November)
Date UKBA made decision: 17th
date got the decision letter :24th Dec
date of Ceremony :waiting

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:51 pm

technical_lemon wrote:

my next question is shall i call the council to book the ceremony or should wait for council to contact me for ceremony?
Congradulations for ur approval :D

I suggest u to contact ur council as this way is much quicker rather than waiting for a letter from them... That is what i did for myself :lol:

BJ21

Post by BJ21 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:55 pm

technical_lemon wrote:Hi..

Just got the letter on time and its approved.. my time line is below still few more wks to complete the whole process (getting Passport)

this forum is a great help to me and many people

HSMP JR 4+1 yr
Date of submission: 5th November 2010
Date reached HO: 08th November 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 18th November 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 24 November (Dated 22nd November)
Date UKBA made decision: 17th
date got the decision letter :24th Dec
date of Ceremony :waiting
hi
congratulation on your approval. i think it is better, you contact with the council to arrange you citizenship ceromony.

Best Regards

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Smallfamily wrote:
technical_lemon wrote:Hi..

Congradulations for ur approval :D

I suggest u to contact ur council as this way is much quicker rather than waiting for a letter from them... That is what i did for myself :lol:
congras!! to technical_lemon and myself. I've just got the approval letter as well!!! :D Thanks to you all for tramendous help on the forum!!!

I just booked ceremony with the local registration office.

my timeline updated:

Criteria: 5 yrs wp/Tier1 + 1 yr ILR (myself and a uk-born Child)
Date of submission: 1st Dec 2010
Date reached HO: 2nd Dec 2010
Date of Debit Card deduction: 8th Dec 2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgment letter: 11th Dec (Dated 7th Dec)
Date of receipt of approval letter: 24th Dec (Dated 16th Dec)
Date of ceremony: 4th Jan 2011

Considering the adverse weather and the busy festival time of period, HO was so speedy that it just took 2 weeks to process my application from my submission (1 Dec) to their making decision (dated 16 Dec, acutally i was told on 15 Dec). so grateful!!!