ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application – Grandparents details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Duderico
Newly Registered

Passport application – Grandparents details

Post by Duderico » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Have a quick question about Section 4 of the Passport application where it says'' if both parent born abroad, We will need full name,town,country,Date of birth, marriage date of your grand parents' if this applied to you can you suggest how did you fillup those in Section 8''.

My Grandparent do not know there date of birth and marriage date. So can I leave this field blank ? Did anyone came across this kind of situation ?
Please suggest

Thank you

Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Leave it blank and only fill in what you know. This is intended for applicants who are applying for BC through parentage.

Duderico
Newly Registered

Post by Duderico » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks, Casa

Regards

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:01 pm

I had the same situation a week ago...I left it blank and sent a cover letter along the application with explaination and my application has been sucessful :D

andreachen

Post by andreachen » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:53 pm

I didn't know either, I left all fields regarding grandparents blank, even their names, without any explanation and got my passport anyway without any questions regarding grand parents.