ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Online before 23rd December-Inputs needed.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destinyrules13
Newly Registered

Post by destinyrules13 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:39 pm

ummm.. i didn click on the link..i just saw if online appointment can be taken from india...and the site i had mentioned accepted my application (containing personal details only) sucessfully..
as per your advice, ll call vfs tomorrow and check if they support online application.

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:41 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... pply/india

I think online appointments can be taken either through online form or sending mail. Sorry to say that its not same as applying online.

EDIT: maybe I could be wrong and shouldn't discourage you at this moment. Just try calling them tomorrow

cxrmike

Post by cxrmike » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 pm

destinyrules13 wrote:ummm.. i didn click on the link..i just saw if online appointment can be taken from india...and the site i had mentioned accepted my application (containing personal details only) sucessfully..
as per your advice, ll call vfs tomorrow and check if they support online application.
Please keep us posted here...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:04 pm

VFS India wrote:15 December 2010: Introduction of online applications for Tier 2 of the Points Based System. From Monday 20 December, UK visa customers who apply for a visa under Tier 2 of the points based system, including dependants, will be required to complete their visa application forms online. There will be dedicated submission desks for online applications at the visa application centres.
I do not see any similar announcement for Tier 1 (General) applicants.

Wait until 22-Dec morning, and check with local VAC.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

destinyrules13 wrote:.and the site i had mentioned accepted my application (containing personal details only) sucessfully..
That (submitting personal details only) is not same as making an application. Unless you filled up an online application form, you may have done nothing but just registered yourself on the website!!

regards

amuk

Post by amuk » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:14 pm

I received a (prompt) response from Richard Jackson.

The date that will be considered is that date you made the payment -- be that online or elsewhere. So, if you pay before 23 December, your application will be valid.

If you do not pay before 23 December, your application will not be considered.

You can submit documents and biometrics in an appointment scheduled later than 22 December.

destinyrules13
Newly Registered

Post by destinyrules13 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:27 am

OK..in that case, can i go with the print out of my online application there and pay today?

amuk

Post by amuk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:37 am

destinyrules13 wrote:OK..in that case, can i go with the print out of my online application there and pay today?
According to Mr. Jackson, if you can go and pay today (Dec. 22nd) your application will be considered.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:33 am

Good luck to all!!!

On the online issues - check out VFS India's applying page and VFS South Africa's applying page.

It's the "same" page, except VFS India specifically refers to applications forms, whereas VFS South Africa only tells you to apply online and doesn't say anything about the application form. Based on VFS India not referring you to the site where you actually apply online, I am not sure that it's possible. (The country listing sites say whether you can get an appointment online, not actually apply online).

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:06 am

Hi All,
I just called up VFS to find out about applying online and completing the application online and submitting the documents at a later date. But I was informed by the VFS helpline that I should submit the documents today itself, and that VFS will not be accepting the documents at a later date.

Has anyone applied online after the announcement of closing of T1G and has anyone scheduled appointment after 23rd December to submit the documents?

Any information in this regard will be greatly helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:33 am

Going by the recent updates, it seems applicants who can submit all the supporting documents and pay the fees by today, would only be allowed.

To those who want to apply call up VFS again and check!
Thanks,
Sumit.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:06 am

You can not apply online for Tier-1 in India but you can schedule an appointment online - probably of no use now.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Post by NRajkumar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:57 am

To all who had planned to apply online until 22 December and submit the documents later, it is bad news...

The following is the reply I got from VFS,

Applications submitted up until the end of 22 December 2010 will be processed as normal, but from 00.01 on 23 December 2010 Tier 1 (General) will be closed for applications made overseas.

We are contacting you because you have made an appointment with VFS to attend a Visa Application Centre to submit a visa application. Please note that if your application is for a Tier 1 (General) application and your appointment is after 22nd December, your appointment will not be valid and your application will not be considered. .

The last hope to catch the boat is gone... Will have to start looking again for something elsewhere...

Bye,
Raj

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:45 am

NRajkumar wrote:To all who had planned to apply online until 22 December and submit the documents later, it is bad news...

The following is the reply I got from VFS,

Applications submitted up until the end of 22 December 2010 will be processed as normal, but from 00.01 on 23 December 2010 Tier 1 (General) will be closed for applications made overseas.

We are contacting you because you have made an appointment with VFS to attend a Visa Application Centre to submit a visa application. Please note that if your application is for a Tier 1 (General) application and your appointment is after 22nd December, your appointment will not be valid and your application will not be considered. .

The last hope to catch the boat is gone... Will have to start looking again for something elsewhere...

Bye,
Raj
This is really sad that people had to wait for few months (to maintain the money for maintenance in most of the cases) only to hear one fine day that the Tier-1 route is getting closed.

Though UK is not the best place on earth to get in, this is really not what is expected from UKBA and the policy implementors.

I wish all the best to everyone who are applying today!
Thanks,
Sumit.

amuk

Post by amuk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:12 pm

I received this e-mail from UKBA in regards to my incomplete online application. I'm not in the UK and my country supports online payment (not sure about India/Pakistan).
We are contacting you because you have lodged a Tier 1 (general) application online but you have not yet paid your fee. In order for your application to be valid you need to complete payment and submit your application. If this is not completed before 00.01 23 December GMT we will not be able to process your application.

If you want your Tier 1 (General) application to be considered you must submit and pay for your application before 00.01 (GMT) on 23 December 2010.

You need to check Visa4UK for your payment options. If you are able to pay online, you should do so before 00.01 on 23 December 2010.

If you are unable to pay online, you must check the British Embassy or Commercial Partner website for your payment options. If you are required to attend your local Post or Commercial Partner to pay your fee, you must do so before 23 December 2010.

If you already have an appointment at a VAC to make payment for your Tier 1 (General) application, but this is after 23 December, the appointment will not be valid and your application will not be considered.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Submitting documents later than the date of payment is possible and acceptable only when applying online.

amuk, submitting documents at a date later than 23-Dec for you is (and will) not a problem when you have applied online and paid for the application in-time (i.e.- before 23-Dec). Because that's the standard process - apply and pay online, schedule an appointment for submitting documents and biometrics and finally attend the appointment on the day scheduled.

For some others posting in this thread (e.g. - applying in India), attempting to apply online was perhaps just an act of desperation without making sure whether online applications are accepted in their country. When applications are to be submitted and payment made at the local VAC / BHC office, the documents and biometric details must be submitted on the same date.

regards

gaia
Newly Registered

anyone applied but did not give documents yet ?

Post by gaia » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:03 pm

did anyone took the risk paying oneline? is it a risk that i dunno anyhow.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:30 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Submitting documents later than the date of payment is possible and acceptable only when applying online.

amuk, submitting documents at a date later than 23-Dec for you is (and will) not a problem when you have applied online and paid for the application in-time (i.e.- before 23-Dec). Because that's the standard process - apply and pay online, schedule an appointment for submitting documents and biometrics and finally attend the appointment on the day scheduled.

For some others posting in this thread (e.g. - applying in India), attempting to apply online was perhaps just an act of desperation without making sure whether online applications are accepted in their country. When applications are to be submitted and payment made at the local VAC / BHC office, the documents and biometric details must be submitted on the same date.

regards

Hi ,

Just to add my little point ...

It was not mentioned which part of application must reach agency so in my best opinion , it should be a complete part . First part is your details and payment and second part is your biometric information and original documents . VFS put them all together and send to nearest hub for processing . I think this is the complete application and it must reach within time limit . I really hope this will be not true but what can i see it's the case ..... Hope good luck for all but please don't deposit your hard earned money until and unless you are not sure ....
Thanks

Ali