ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 DEPENDANTS VISA REQUIREMENTS WHO ARE ALREADY IN UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sakaysar
Newly Registered

TIER 4 DEPENDANTS VISA REQUIREMENTS WHO ARE ALREADY IN UK

Post by sakaysar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:27 am

Hy guys,

I am going to apply my tier4 visa extension in a week time and I have my CAS letter of 6 weeks as my course will be finishing in mid february. I will be applying my wife's visa with me as well, I am wondering if there will be any issue with her visa because my CAS LETTER is less than 6 months. does this 6 months rule apply to in country dependants extension applications. Just to let you know I am doing masters degree programme.

Regards.

chinagef

Re: TIER 4 DEPENDANTS VISA REQUIREMENTS WHO ARE ALREADY IN U

Post by chinagef » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

sakaysar wrote:Hy guys,

I am going to apply my tier4 visa extension in a week time and I have my CAS letter of 6 weeks as my course will be finishing in mid february. I will be applying my wife's visa with me as well, I am wondering if there will be any issue with her visa because my CAS LETTER is less than 6 months. does this 6 months rule apply to in country dependants extension applications. Just to let you know I am doing masters degree programme.

Regards.
CAS numbers/statements must have been issued within 6 months of the date of application for it to be still valid, therefore you and your wife should apply for an extension at the same time.

sakaysar
Newly Registered

Its about duration of CAS letter

Post by sakaysar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Hello,
Actually i am concerned about duration of CAS letter, its for only 6 weeks as i am doing my MBA dissertation now. So somebody told me HO will only extend my visa and not my wife's visa because my CAS letter's duration is only 6 weeks. Does anybody know it to be right? And if yes then what should i do ?

chinagef

Re: Its about duration of CAS letter

Post by chinagef » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:36 pm

sakaysar wrote:Hello,
Actually i am concerned about duration of CAS letter, its for only 6 weeks as i am doing my MBA dissertation now. So somebody told me HO will only extend my visa and not my wife's visa because my CAS letter's duration is only 6 weeks. Does anybody know it to be right? And if yes then what should i do ?
In my opinion, the 6 month rule is only for entry clearance applications. Assuming you have an "established presence", you and your wife can apply for the remainder of your course, and assuming she entered the UK as your dependant, and is still your dependant. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... s/family/#

sakaysar
Newly Registered

Post by sakaysar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 am

chinagef wrote:
In my opinion, the 6 month rule is only for entry clearance applications. Assuming you have an "established presence", you and your wife can apply for the remainder of your course, and assuming she entered the UK as your dependant, and is still your dependant. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/study ... s/family/#

This is the confusing part of it, I have not found a clear answer to this question as of yet anywhere. neither in this board nor on UKBA website, I have heard about a case of same situation in which mother's was main applicant but CAS was only of 5 months but they refused to extend her children visa on this basis. so I am worried about it what to do now.

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:55 am

sakaysar wrote:
chinagef wrote:

This is the confusing part of it, I have not found a clear answer to this question as of yet anywhere. neither in this board nor on UKBA website, I have heard about a case of same situation in which mother's was main applicant but CAS was only of 5 months but they refused to extend her children visa on this basis. so I am worried about it what to do now.
I am pretty sure the 6 month rule is for entry clearance only. If you are still in doubt, I would suggest you seek a regulated immigrated expert to clarify.