ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone applied on 21 and 22 of December - Inputs needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NRajkumar
Newly Registered

Anyone applied on 21 and 22 of December - Inputs needed

Post by NRajkumar » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:00 am

Hi All,
Has anyone applied for fresh T1G after hearing the news, i.e on 21 or 22 December.

If so, can you please share some details like,
1. Country of Application
2. Mode (Online/VFS)
3. In case of online application, have you submitted all the documents or have you scheduled an appointment later than 23rd December to submit the documents at VFS.

These inputs will really be helpful to me and to others standing on the line.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:13 am

I heard the news on the 20th of December and submitted my application within 4 hours of hearing it.

I submitted my application online and paid online as well (this is from South Africa). The date of payment on my application reflects 20 December. The guidance states that for application made from outside the UK, date of payment is what is used to determine the date of application.

Yesterday (21 December) I went to hand in my printed application form and supporting doucmentation. The tracking website now shows my application date as 21 December and not 20 December (this doesn't bother me, as I'm still inside the timelines).

As they use the date of submission of documents as the date of application, rather than as suggested in the guidance, the date of payment, it might be a bit of a difficult one. My suggestion would be to try and get everything done today.

shyamsai
Newly Registered

Applied on 22nd Dec'10

Post by shyamsai » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi,

I managed to submit my tier 1 general application on 22nd Dec'10 at VFS Bangalore.

I have taken a prior appointment for 22nd.

Just I wonder how long the process will take now..?

Cheers

amuk

Post by amuk » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:04 pm

I've completed the application and paid online today, December 22.

I took an appointment for December 29th where I should submit biometrics and supporting evidence.

I'm applying from outside of UK. (not India/Pakistan)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Continue in this existing topic.