ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Right of Abode for my newly born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

z4ydi

Applying for Right of Abode for my newly born child

Post by z4ydi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 pm

I received my Call letter by email on 15/12/10. sorry for the delay in breaking the news. Though we are very excited but in the same time we are very anxious as my wife give birth to our first child just 2 weeks before the refusal decision was overturned.
We are now in a dilemma because we need ot apply for either a British Passport or Right oF Abode for my child.
I need some help with the following:
1. I am filling the VAF7 Form for my 3 weeks old child - who signs the section where it says Applicant's Signature?

These are the list of documents that I am going to submit with the Right of Abode VAF7 application, Can you please give me some advice?
1. Applicant’s birth Certificate - original copy and a colour photocopy.
2. Parent’s marriage certificate WITH formally attested English translation – original copies and a set of colour photocopies.
3. Father’s Divorce Certificate in WITH formally attested English translation - original copies and a set of colour photocopies.
4. Father’s UK naturalization certificate – Original copy and a colour photocopy.
5. Father’s British passport – colour photocopy - Can you please specify whether it is a must to get my passport attested or just photocopy will be enough
6. Mother’s passport - colour photocopy, - As stated above we have to submit my wife's passport to Gerry's VAC for her UK Spouse Visa, Is it needed in support for my child's ROA application?
7. Mother’s antenatal documents including scans – original copies and a set of colour photocopies. Is it needed?
8. Wedding photographs - Is it needed?
9. Child’s photographs with parents and family - Is it needed?
10. TB Certificate - My child is only 3 weeks old do we have to do a TB test for him?
11. Completed VAF7 Form

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:38 am

What supporting documents should I include with my application?

However, a British passport is cheaper.

A parent may sign the child's application forms.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Thanks Vinny for the reply - I did enuiries about a British passport initially costing around £100 but the waiting time is 7 -8 months. My wife just got her Call in Letter so we dont want to be waiting for months.