ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income support due to childcare issues

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

azad
Newly Registered

Income support due to childcare issues

Post by azad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi
I wanted to ask for advice in state of my friend. She's single mother, German-Polish origin, while her child is British.
She's in UK for nearly 3 years and she was working for one company throughout that time. She had to leave job last week due to childcare issues - her aunt who was looking after the child while she was working, had to go back to Poland.

Is she eligible for Income support? Does she met criteria of habitual residency?[/code]

azad
Newly Registered

Post by azad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:40 pm

...anyone can help??

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:37 am

If she is a citizen of the European Union she will be entitled to benefits and will be classed a habitual resident as she has lived here for 3 years

missnur
Newly Registered

CAN I CLAIM INCOME SUPPORT

Post by missnur » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:03 am

i have been living in UK for almost 7 yrs have been studyin for 5 yrs as i came to england as a minor oh and i am a EEU citizen can i claim income support as i am a single mother of 2?
thnkz for readin