ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying T1G just after arriving UK with T2ICT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

applying T1G just after arriving UK with T2ICT

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi, I will relocate to UK early March 2011 with T2ICT.
However with T2ICT, I can only stay next 5 years and no more extension after that.

So I'm trying to applying T1G as soon as I arrive UK.

However as I heard from HR of my company, they gave me an opinion this is impossible approach to get T1G.

From my understanding, If I have valid visa to stay in UK, then I'm eligible to apply T1G till 5th of April.
( of course all required conditions are met : income,IELTS... )

What do you think? Could anyone give an opnion about this case?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:27 pm

Would you qualify for Tier 1 points?

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:37 pm

mulderpf wrote:Would you qualify for Tier 1 points?
Yes.

earning : 80 point
degree : 30 point
English : 10 point
Maintenance : 10 point

total : 130.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Do you have all the documentary evidence for Salary etc?

Can you get references from your company incase you intend to apply for Tier ? Or will you be playing your chances of being sent back to your country of Origin?

Think....

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:52 pm

*FC* wrote:Do you have all the documentary evidence for Salary etc?
Can you get references from your company incase you intend to apply for Tier ?
Yes. I've prepared all the required documents .
( Bank statement, Pay Slip(12months), education certificates.. )

The reason I try to take this route is recently UK closed accepting application from outside of UK.
will you be playing your chances of being sent back to your country of Origin?
I don't agree on your point.
As I know, failed to get T1G is just fail.. T2ICT is still valid I guess.
If I got T1G then that T2ICT will be expired automatically.

I told HR and they had a concern about their COS.
but company allowed me to apply T1G conversion with skeptical view.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:33 pm

HR in some companies is not very well-informed about T1G rules and extensions. Do your own analysis and if you meet requirements, apply whatever HR says. Ultimately the only person who really has an interest in the outcome is you.

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 pm

goldfish wrote:HR in some companies is not very well-informed about T1G rules and extensions.
Indeed!
goldfish wrote: Do your own analysis and if you meet requirements, apply whatever HR says. Ultimately the only person who really has an interest in the outcome is you.
correct. I would like to provide stable life for my life.
I really don't want pack and leave again sine this is the 3rd relocation.

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:47 pm

sys4tibco wrote:As I know, failed to get T1G is just fail.. T2ICT is still valid I guess.
If I got T1G then that T2ICT will be expired automatically.

I told HR and they had a concern about their COS.
but company allowed me to apply T1G conversion with skeptical view.
I wasn't referring to the technical aspects of your application but about the HR aspects of your organisation. And it was based on the assumption that you wouldn't inform your HR about the application.
If you say that you have already informed your HR that on arrival in the UK on their Tier 2 visa you are planning to apply for Tier 1G and that they are happy about it, then it is no concern to anyone.

FC
Last edited by *FC* on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 pm

*FC* wrote:
I wasn't referring to the technical aspects of your application but about the HR aspects of your organisation. And it was based on the assumption that you wouldn't inform your HR about the application.
If you say that you have already informed your HR that on arrival in the UK on their Tier 2 visa you are planning to apply for Tier 1G and that they are happy about it, then it is no concern to anyone.
understand your point.
Yes. only one issue they raised is a cost for T1G.
So I told them I'm willing to pay.
+ If I can stay more than 5 years than they also decrease their cost for my relocation. :)

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: applying T1G just after arriving UK with T2ICT

Post by aliq09 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm

sys4tibco wrote:Hi, I will relocate to UK early March 2011 with T2ICT.
However with T2ICT, I can only stay next 5 years and no more extension after that.

So I'm trying to applying T1G as soon as I arrive UK.

However as I heard from HR of my company, they gave me an opinion this is impossible approach to get T1G.

From my understanding, If I have valid visa to stay in UK, then I'm eligible to apply T1G till 5th of April.
( of course all required conditions are met : income,IELTS... )

What do you think? Could anyone give an opnion about this case?

Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi ,

I have read all your post and i have following questions for you and i really hope you have answer for them ....

Suppose , i am working in a company and they give me a visa ( in your case work visa ) so how on earth will the same company will allow you to go for TIER1. The moment , you will get it , you can fly and have nice per hour job from other .

During your application , this will be notice by home office also as they think you are trying to play with the system . All the member here will say yes! on my statement that a person is just landing on TIER2 and needs TIER1 in next months . So try to get a very good answer for it .

2) Your earning will be a great part in your application so you have to be 100% sure what you are doing ..

My opinion : stay on the visa you are and enjoy life here with work as most of us searched for it 2 months :)))))
Thanks

Ali

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Re: applying T1G just after arriving UK with T2ICT

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:10 pm

aliq09 wrote: Suppose , i am working in a company and they give me a visa ( in your case work visa ) so how on earth will the same company will allow you to go for TIER1. The moment , you will get it , you can fly and have nice per hour job from other .
Let me explain my situation.
beyond your expectation there is a company to give a chance to fly.
Initially my manager & HR offered me to take T1G if possible and willing to fund it. If T1G is failed then they promised to provide T2ICT.

Since UKBA closed T1G visa outside the UK, I told them trying T2ICT 1st
and T1G after arriving UK.
Once I changed its order then HR raised issue regarding COS matter. Understand their point but I would like to take a last chance what result will be.

I have been working this company for 11 years and now I don't have a wing to fly anymore due to heavy earning. :)
aliq09 wrote:
During your application , this will be notice by home office also as they think you are trying to play with the system . All the member here will say yes! on my statement that a person is just landing on TIER2 and needs TIER1 in next months . So try to get a very good answer for it .
very good point. however judgement should be based on the rule not the perception.
aliq09 wrote:
2) Your earning will be a great part in your application so you have to be 100% sure what you are doing ..
that's why I want to listen other's valuable opinion. thanks
aliq09 wrote: My opinion : stay on the visa you are and enjoy life here with work as most of us searched for it 2 months :)))))
Good point.
This is the 3rd relocation within the same company, so I want to find a country to settle down with family with T1G not the T2ICT which cause 4th relocation...

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:31 pm

The UKBA website says that you catch switch to Tier 1 (G) from any Tier 2 category (from inside the UK):

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... switching/

So there shouldn't be any reason why you can't apply for Tier 1 (G) once you're in.

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 pm

meowmeow wrote:The UKBA website says that you catch switch to Tier 1 (G) from any Tier 2 category (from inside the UK):

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... switching/

So there shouldn't be any reason why you can't apply for Tier 1 (G) once you're in.
That is the reason why I tried this path. :)
Legally it should be YES. right?

Thanks a lot meowmeow.

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:55 pm

Right! :)

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Good luck sys4tibco. If you read the rules and guidance carefully and you meet the requirements, for sure apply for T1G. Whether you company likes it or not that you have applied (and it sounds as though you have their support) and speculations on what caseworkers might or might not think about your application - are irrelevant. :)

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:55 pm

goldfish wrote:Good luck sys4tibco. If you read the rules and guidance carefully and you meet the requirements, for sure apply for T1G. Whether you company likes it or not that you have applied (and it sounds as though you have their support) and speculations on what caseworkers might or might not think about your application - are irrelevant. :)
Thanks goldfish :).
For me this is the only one legal way to try..
time will tell us what the consequences are

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

OMG..

Post by sys4tibco » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:36 pm

I found this from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
ADDENDUM Tier 1 General – Interim Limits
ADDENDUM Tier 1 General
IMPORTANT NOTE
From 23 December 2010 Tier 1 (General) is closed to overseas applicants.
Applications from people who are not already in the UK with leave in a category that permits switching into Tier 1 (General) will no longer be accepted.
It seems I can't apply T1G. :oops:

Did I misunderstood the statement?

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:48 pm

My interpretation would be: If you are outside the UK and intend to apply from outside the UK, applications are closed. If you intend to apply from inside the UK, this statement isn't relevant and you would need to see which rules are relevant based on when you intend to apply.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 pm

where are you currently located/resident/employed? In or outside UK?

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:28 pm

you can legally able to switch to tier 1 but the company which you are working for will never get tier 2 visa's if home office decides what you are doing is purely abuse of the system and may be in future they may bring some new rule like no switching from tier 2 to any visa...

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:36 pm

mtuckersa wrote:where are you currently located/resident/employed? In or outside UK?
I'm in Switzerland now. but I will be in UK early March 2011 within the same company.
Last edited by sys4tibco on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:40 pm

sudeepss wrote:you can legally able to switch to tier 1 but the company which you are working for will never get tier 2 visa's if home office decides what you are doing is purely abuse of the system and may be in future they may bring some new rule like no switching from tier 2 to any visa...
I don't understand your point. what I abuse the system?
UKBA made a possible transition rule and I just want to utilize it.
What is wrong?

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:43 pm

goldfish wrote:My interpretation would be: If you are outside the UK and intend to apply from outside the UK, applications are closed. If you intend to apply from inside the UK, this statement isn't relevant and you would need to see which rules are relevant based on when you intend to apply.
Thanks for your valuable response.

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:06 pm

sys4tibco wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:where are you currently located/resident/employed? In or outside UK?
I'm in Switzerland now. but I will be in UK early March 2011 within the same company.
If you're arriving in the UK in March, you'll need to apply for Tier 1 G pretty quickly before it closes on 5 April. Will you be able to get your documents and evidence together in time?

If you know it's going to happen well in advance, as it seems you do, you can prepare everything needed. Good luck!

sys4tibco
Newly Registered

Post by sys4tibco » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 am

meowmeow wrote: If you're arriving in the UK in March, you'll need to apply for Tier 1 G pretty quickly before it closes on 5 April. Will you be able to get your documents and evidence together in time?
Yes, I have all the required documents now.
meowmeow wrote: If you know it's going to happen well in advance, as it seems you do, you can prepare everything needed. Good luck!
Thanks. let me try. :)