ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LC20 and British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

superye
Newly Registered

LC20 and British Citizenship

Post by superye » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 pm

HI all,

I know this kind of cases have been discussed previously. But all individual cases are different so I post this new thread and welcome all comments - thanks.

I got LC20 - 3 points on DL and £130 fine issueed by court. I was driving with my international DL and I got incorrect information from unrealiable sources saying that if I leave this country once a year and then my international DL will remain valid. Unfortunately I was told differently by the police. I pleaded guilty by post.

I will apply for British citizenship in March 2010, is there any chance my application will be successful and what percentage pls?

The question is - I got insurance while driving and I wasn't charged driving without insurance. And the casework guildline doesn't include LC20.

All comments welcomed

Many thanks

Superye

superye
Newly Registered

Re: LC20 and British Citizenship

Post by superye » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:33 am

Hi,

Can anyone who has this knowledge/experience please share your points pleas.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Superye
superye wrote:HI all,

I know this kind of cases have been discussed previously. But all individual cases are different so I post this new thread and welcome all comments - thanks.

I got LC20 - 3 points on DL and £130 fine issueed by court. I was driving with my international DL and I got incorrect information from unrealiable sources saying that if I leave this country once a year and then my international DL will remain valid. Unfortunately I was told differently by the police. I pleaded guilty by post.

I will apply for British citizenship in March 2010, is there any chance my application will be successful and what percentage pls?

The question is - I got insurance while driving and I wasn't charged driving without insurance. And the casework guildline doesn't include LC20.

All comments welcomed

Many thanks

Superye

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Technically speaking you need to wait 5 years from the date of conviction for your sentence (fine) to be spent. But that doesn't mean that your application is bound to fail. In the end its at the discretion of UKBA (caseworker). You will have to explain the circumstances regarding your conviction in your application, and if the caseworker takes the view that it is something minor then your application will not fail due to this conviction. But keep in mind that just explaining the circumstances doesn't guarantee success. The outcome could be either way.

There is a bill before the parliament which if passed, will make the rehabilitation period of fines to one year rather than five years. If all goes well, this could become law in about an year or less.

hope this helps.

superye
Newly Registered

Thanks Mr. Look Forward

Post by superye » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:21 am

mrlookforward wrote:Technically speaking you need to wait 5 years from the date of conviction for your sentence (fine) to be spent. But that doesn't mean that your application is bound to fail. In the end its at the discretion of UKBA (caseworker). You will have to explain the circumstances regarding your conviction in your application, and if the caseworker takes the view that it is something minor then your application will not fail due to this conviction. But keep in mind that just explaining the circumstances doesn't guarantee success. The outcome could be either way.

There is a bill before the parliament which if passed, will make the rehabilitation period of fines to one year rather than five years. If all goes well, this could become law in about an year or less.

hope this helps.
Thanks a lot for your post.

rammanohar
Newly Registered

Post by rammanohar » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Any updates on your application for citizenship.
Can you share if you donot mind.

Cheers

All comments welcomed

Many thanks

Superye

superye
Newly Registered

Post by superye » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:15 pm

Not applied yet, I am thinking if I can afford to lose my existing passport :(
rammanohar wrote:Any updates on your application for citizenship.
Can you share if you donot mind.

Cheers

All comments welcomed

Many thanks

Superye