ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong Postcode

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fsharich
Newly Registered

Wrong Postcode

Post by fsharich » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:57 am

I just realized that I gave wrong postcode to homeoffice :(
Do you think this is a big problem?
Has anyone made a mistake with address before?
I don't have any major problems.
Thanks
Fer

Instead of OX1 I wrote OX2 :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 am

I wouldn't worry about it.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fsharich
Newly Registered

Post by fsharich » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 am

Thank you
I hope HO don't mind.
HAVE A NICE DAY! :)
Fer

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:51 pm

It wont do you any harm if you write a letter to HO or phone to correct the mistake. However, as you have been advised by the moderator, even with the wrong post code, a good/experienced postman will know which street is in which post code.

Kafrul
Newly Registered

Sent at Courier Address instead of Postal Address to HO

Post by Kafrul » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm very upset today. Today I sent documents to HO for my visa extension. Visa expires on 31st Dec 10. When I come back home I found that I did a big mistake with address. I sent at Courier Address instead of Postal Address to HO though I sent with Special Delivery. Please someone help me out to know what'll be the solution now. Moreover Post Office receipt I saw they've written wrong Post Code e.g. DH99 1PA. Anyway, I found that there's no post code exist like this.

Looking you for your reply.

Thanks

chinagef

Re: Sent at Courier Address instead of Postal Address to HO

Post by chinagef » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Kafrul wrote:Hi Everyone!

I'm very upset today. Today I sent documents to HO for my visa extension. Visa expires on 31st Dec 10. When I come back home I found that I did a big mistake with address. I sent at Courier Address instead of Postal Address to HO though I sent with Special Delivery. Please someone help me out to know what'll be the solution now. Moreover Post Office receipt I saw they've written wrong Post Code e.g. DH99 1PA. Anyway, I found that there's no post code exist like this.

Looking you for your reply.

Thanks
The postal address is normally on the very front of the page of the application form. As your visa runs out on 31st December, you still have time to re-send the application so you may want to get it re-posted (to the correct address) as soon as you can.

Kafrul
Newly Registered

Post by Kafrul » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:26 pm

You're wrong Chinagef. Today morning I went to Royal mail office and talked about the situation. They said it happens seldom but either postman or UKBA send them in a right place. However I tracked my documents through Royalmail online tracking service and saw that they delivered it in its post box address. I'm happy and tension free now.

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Kafrul wrote:You're wrong Chinagef. Today morning I went to Royal mail office and talked about the situation. They said it happens seldom but either postman or UKBA send them in a right place. However I tracked my documents through Royalmail online tracking service and saw that they delivered it in its post box address. I'm happy and tension free now.
My friend, I was not wrong - you were just lucky in this instance and it is not the norm as confirmed by the post office. Besides, my advice was not applicable as your application was not returned back to you.

In the future, you may wish to double check to which address you send it to as you may not be as lucky next time round.

fsharich
Newly Registered

Wrong Postcode

Post by fsharich » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:21 pm

I AM VERY PLEASE TO INFORM THAT I RECEIVED AN APPROVAL LETTER.

The wrong postcode did do any harm!

XXXXXXXXXXXX

:lol: FER :lol: