ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

settlement visa predicament

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmgkt
Newly Registered

settlement visa predicament

Post by hmgkt » Thu May 18, 2006 9:55 pm

Hello everyone,

I have read quite a few of the posts here regarding settlement visas.
So let me teel you my story.

My wife applied on 19th December 2005! nearly 21 weeks... with the application I had attached ample inforamtion may be even more than was required just to be safe.

Bank statements, savings copies, birth cert, degress, tax deduction certs, house assesment, sponsor info, and a contents page for gods sake!

several emails, calls and faxes later still no certain word from the bods at BHC Islamabad. I laughed when i saw that they had been nominated for the Public Servants of the Year Award on their news page!

Anyone got any ideas on what to do next?

I am qualifying next month as a doctor and during my study i have supported myself thourgh a combination parent contribution and earnings as an IT manager...

What to do? :?:

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri May 19, 2006 8:23 am

The waiting time varies significantly around the world. Do you know the average time for settlement visa applications in Islamabad? How does your experience compare to that average?
John

hmgkt
Newly Registered

Post by hmgkt » Fri May 19, 2006 9:37 am

Thanks for the reply.

The stated period on their website is 14 weeks plus an addition 17 days for further processing. this was changed in april from 12 weeks +17d.

A few people on this board who applied around or after we did to BHC Islamabad and had replies within that period. I guess 'straightforward' applications are dealt within that period but i am not sure what is making my application so 'un-straightforward'.

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Fri May 19, 2006 12:26 pm

21 Weeks does sound excessive.

1. Whats the status of your application on www.visadropbox using the Fedex reciept?
2. When you call them what do they actually say about the application? Bear in mind your wife will have to call as they wont release details to anyone, not even you.

Once they give you a proper reason, then you can take matters further. Asking your MP to get involved is one avenue, but s/he would ask the same thing (ie. what are the BHC saying about your app?)

hmgkt
Newly Registered

Post by hmgkt » Fri May 19, 2006 8:51 pm

they say that the files currently in with the 'manager' ?ECM.
Apart from that they are unable to give further information.
Yes, i have considered writing to my MP for support.

I guess i'll have to keep waiting.