ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NBR
Newly Registered

Appeal process

Post by NBR » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:53 pm

My pregnant wife and daughter were refused settlement visas on the grounds that no evidence was provided to prove the subsistence of my wife’s marriage to me and my emotional relationship with my daughter. We have lodged an appeal and added over 50 copies of photo evidence, bank statements showing money transfer, money transfer receipts, itemised bills showing phone calls and snapshots of text messages from my phone, together with a two-paged covering letter. Also added scan evidence of my wife’s pregnancy.

It’s been nearly 8 weeks now since the appeal was submitted in Ghana (where the original application was made) and the tribunal has only just been notified. They have given the ECO up to 1st of March to prepare their evidence for refusal or review their decision. It’s a waiting game now and they seem to be really taking their time!

The wife’s got high blood pressure which obviously doesn’t sit well with pregnancy.

Does anyone know whether in a situation like this the BHC could issue a visitor’s visa to my family, pending the outcome of the appeal process? Everyday is a nightmare! :(

Thanks folks!

chinagef

Re: Appeal process

Post by chinagef » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:28 pm

NBR wrote:My pregnant wife and daughter were refused settlement visas on the grounds that no evidence was provided to prove the subsistence of my wife’s marriage to me and my emotional relationship with my daughter. We have lodged an appeal and added over 50 copies of photo evidence, bank statements showing money transfer, money transfer receipts, itemised bills showing phone calls and snapshots of text messages from my phone, together with a two-paged covering letter. Also added scan evidence of my wife’s pregnancy.

It’s been nearly 8 weeks now since the appeal was submitted in Ghana (where the original application was made) and the tribunal has only just been notified. They have given the ECO up to 1st of March to prepare their evidence for refusal or review their decision. It’s a waiting game now and they seem to be really taking their time!

The wife’s got high blood pressure which obviously doesn’t sit well with pregnancy.

Does anyone know whether in a situation like this the BHC could issue a visitor’s visa to my family, pending the outcome of the appeal process? Everyday is a nightmare! :(

Thanks folks!
It is highly unlikely they will grant a visitor visa in the interim, especially since you have a pending application for a settlement visa.

The purpose or intentions for a visitor visa will be cast in serious doubt with the ECO when considering whether or not the applicants truely intend to visit for only a short period of time.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Agreed that your chances of visitors visa is very very slim