ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for infants or kids

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ankreeti
Newly Registered

ILR for infants or kids

Post by ankreeti » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Hello All,

Would appreciate your help on following situation.

We will be eligible for applying ILR in Jun 2011. We are expecting and baby is due in end of April 2011.

Do we need to get indian passport for baby and add her(or his) onto ILR application or (s)he will automatically be a british citizen once our ILR application succeeds.

Bottom line is - Do we need to pay for infants for ILR and/or naturalisation?

Kind Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:32 pm

If the child is (to be) born in the UK before either parent has settled status, then after either parent is granted settlement apply for registration as British citizen under section 1(3) using MN1.

If the UK-born-child is not going to travel outside UK before either parent is granted settlement, there is no need to apply for foreign passport and/or leave to remain in the UK (UK visa) for the child or to be included in parent's ILR application.

You'll need to pay the necessary fees for registering the child as British citizen.

regards

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Thanks,

If both the parents have ILR, and baby born after attainment of ILR and baby need to travel abroad along with parent. Then is baby eligible for British Citizenship?

Also, this is more specific, I wonder in case of Indian parents wishing to visit India (on Indian passport with ILR stamp)- is it required for baby to have PIO/OCI status to visit India (assuming baby gets British citizenship).

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:19 pm

wphsmpteir1 wrote:If both the parents have ILR, and baby born after attainment of ILR and baby need to travel abroad along with parent. Then is baby eligible for British Citizenship?
Baby born in the UK will automatically be British.
wphsmpteir1 wrote:Also, this is more specific, I wonder in case of Indian parents wishing to visit India (on Indian passport with ILR stamp)- is it required for baby to have PIO/OCI status to visit India (assuming baby gets British citizenship).
Yes (PIO/OCI).
Last edited by vinny on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:23 pm

vinny wrote:
wphsmpteir1 wrote:Also, this is more specific, I wonder in case of Indian parents wishing to visit India (on Indian passport with ILR stamp)- is it required for baby to have PIO/OCI status to visit India (assuming baby gets British citizenship).
Yes.
Alternatively, a visa.

regards

ankreeti
Newly Registered

Post by ankreeti » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:01 am

Many thanks Mr Mehta. Your information was precisely what i was looking for.

This saves me hassle to get indian passport for baby.

Many thanks.. As i always mention.. this forum rocks...

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Thanks everyone. I do agree this forum rocks...