ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, from those who have sent their application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tbbcuk

Please help, from those who have sent their application

Post by tbbcuk » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 pm

I have sent my ILR application on the 21st Dec via Special Delivery, on the 24th Dec morning the status of the package is

""Your item has reached its PO Box and is awaiting collection/delivery"".

But since then the status hasn't change, there is no signature proof to view, no mention of "your item has been delivered" etc. Does it mean it has arrived Home Office? Should there be a next updated status?? I am really worried.

Please advise.

Many thanks.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:41 am

I think this means that Home Office staff are on holidays and your application will remain in the Post Office hold until they will start work again (I don't know when, but possibly as late as 4th of January).

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:54 pm

thank you very much for your help wunder.

I would like to confirm with the HO if they have received my item, do you have their phone number at all so that I may try to ring them on the 29th Dec?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:11 pm

The offices won't be open during the Christmas holidays. You'll have to be patient.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:16 pm

not even on the 29 or 30 of Dec??
if I do want to confirm if they have received my application after the new year, which phone number should I use? My application is ILR SET (O).

Many thanks for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:22 am

Deliveries to PO box are not collected by UKBA daily. Unofortunately, no can tell you how frequently or on what days of the week UKBA collects deliveries to the PO box, or when your application will be collected.

So the status will change only after UKBA collects the application package(s) lying in the PO box. When it may happen is up to UKBA!

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:57 am

The HO won't respond to calls regarding delivery. The fact that it's reached their PO box means in effect that it's arrived.