ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nikahnama mistake

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Study786
BANNED

Nikahnama mistake

Post by Study786 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi

I never looked at my nikahnama as i flew back to the UK soon after nikah was done. Now when its been translated in english my wife has just noticed that my date of birth on it is wrong. The month written on nikah nama is December but the actual month is November. I dont know who really made this mistake.
My question is what can be done to fix it now please?

Thanks

Kafrul
Newly Registered

Re: Nikahnama mistake

Post by Kafrul » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Study786 wrote:Hi

I never looked at my nikahnama as i flew back to the UK soon after nikah was done. Now when its been translated in english my wife has just noticed that my date of birth on it is wrong. The month written on nikah nama is December but the actual month is November. I dont know who really made this mistake.
My question is what can be done to fix it now please?

Thanks
I think you should go for correct the date. I don't see any other option available. :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 am

My husband and I had a similar situation. Once we were in the UK we found our Spanish marriage certificate showed the wrong year of birth for my husband. We contacted a notary in Spain who applied for an statement from the issuing court accepting responsibility for the error and giving the correct date of birth. They were unable to re-issue a new amended marriage certificate as this had signatures of the witnesses. We then had this translated into English in the UK. Surprisingly, the error wasn't spotted when we submitted the Spouse visa application.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:31 pm

Just get the Union Council to make you another one. Explain the error to them. You may have to pay again for it though