ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dear members-Help me with HMRC related question.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shyamanand

Dear members-Help me with HMRC related question.

Post by shyamanand » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:32 pm

I am employd in an engineering firm (30,000)and also doing my self employment business (7000). I have registered with hmrc on 10th of october got an email confirmation. Called hmrc and got reply that I will receive my UTR by dec 17 and not to contact them before that but due to anxiety called them thrice got same answer. But when I called them today they said they have got no details of me answered " we are so sorry ,do apologise" and made me to reapply again. Thay said I will receive after 8weeks but my visa expires 10thJan 2011 before that.
They said hmrc will finish year ending in dec and can issue me with class 2 NI which is equal to UTR before my visa expiry. I am so much annoyed becuse of these. I have done everything best to my knowledge and also with the help of all you people and now I feel like everything is getting ruined because of these even though its not my mistake.
a) If they provide me with class 2 NI before my visa expires could I apply with that .
b) i asked for a proof of their mistake but they said it cant be provided so could I apply first with email confirmation through post and sent that follwing by post again once I receive all mentioned in covering letter.

The documents I have so far are as follows
Employer liability insurance, business acct, invoices, accountant letter, my pay slips , personal bank statement, uk degree etc..

plz help me. thanks for all the support offered here. we all owe you guys a heart full thankx.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Dear members-Help me with HMRC related question.

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:55 pm

shyamanand wrote:I am employd in an engineering firm (30,000)and also doing my self employment business (7000). I have registered with hmrc on 10th of october got an email confirmation. Called hmrc and got reply that I will receive my UTR by dec 17 and not to contact them before that but due to anxiety called them thrice got same answer. But when I called them today they said they have got no details of me answered " we are so sorry ,do apologise" and made me to reapply again. Thay said I will receive after 8weeks but my visa expires 10thJan 2011 before that.
They said hmrc will finish year ending in dec and can issue me with class 2 NI which is equal to UTR before my visa expiry. I am so much annoyed becuse of these. I have done everything best to my knowledge and also with the help of all you people and now I feel like everything is getting ruined because of these even though its not my mistake.
a) If they provide me with class 2 NI before my visa expires could I apply with that .
b) i asked for a proof of their mistake but they said it cant be provided so could I apply first with email confirmation through post and sent that follwing by post again once I receive all mentioned in covering letter.

Employer liability insurance, business acct, invoices, accountant letter, my pay slips , personal bank statement, uk degree etc..

plz help me. thanks for all the support offered here. we all owe you guys a heart full thankx.
get registerd for PAYE , HMRC reply within 2-4 weeks to you

faster than UTR reqiorement but you can post yr application to HO with
PAYE
EL INSURANCE
ACCOUNTS
SALES SUMMARY
INCOME CERTIFICATE
Bank statemetns

pay slips
bank statements

regards
CDOKS

shyamanand

hiya sushil

Post by shyamanand » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:15 pm

thanks very much for replyng sushil. how does paye will help me instd of utr number. is that paye means class 2 NI contribution or what. plz explain thanks very much.

shyamanand

can anyone give me a better solution pls

Post by shyamanand » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:32 pm

Rang hmrc, they telling that I will receive my UTR no only by end of february. ringing them nearly everyday but same answer. faxed a copy to their head office, posted a letter as well but no reply yet. The only reply they givin is " All I will receive before my visa expiry is Hmrc letter and my class 2 NI contribution" They sayin HO knows that class 2 NI contribution is only paid by self employed only so I do not have to worry.

Is ther any other place to get advice on this .

Plz advice me as I got everything ready n waiting for just this . Cant risk my application. plz give me solution. thanks all

shyamanand

help needed

Post by shyamanand » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:30 pm

dear moderators, experts plz givme solution for this , has any one come through same problem. pls share.

nineteen

Post by nineteen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Hi mate, I am also having same issue. I think you are ok as you got time to pay tax until next year. For me I got time until this jan and they are saying UTR will be received in Feb and even dont know will that be in feb.

And as christmas holiday every thing delays.

blue.olive

Re: Dear members-Help me with HMRC related question.

Post by blue.olive » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:57 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
shyamanand wrote:I am employd in an engineering firm (30,000)and also doing my self employment business (7000). I have registered with hmrc on 10th of october got an email confirmation. Called hmrc and got reply that I will receive my UTR by dec 17 and not to contact them before that but due to anxiety called them thrice got same answer. But when I called them today they said they have got no details of me answered " we are so sorry ,do apologise" and made me to reapply again. Thay said I will receive after 8weeks but my visa expires 10thJan 2011 before that.

get registerd for PAYE , HMRC reply within 2-4 weeks to you

faster than UTR reqiorement but you can post yr application to HO with
PAYE
EL INSURANCE
ACCOUNTS
SALES SUMMARY
INCOME CERTIFICATE
Bank statemetns

pay slips
bank statements

regards
I think Sushil-ACCA gave the best advice follow that
- Setup the Direct Debit for Class N I and attach that as proof
- Enclosed the HMRC Letter whatever you received from them and N I bills
and other documents recommended by Sushil-ACCA
Mention the issue in your covering letter and i think you will be fine
and in your letter from accountant as well. Explain everything to your accountant and ask him/her to specify in accountant's letter as well
Good luck
Regards
olive

shyamanand

hello friends

Post by shyamanand » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:50 am

hi oliver and nineteen,

Thanks for your advice. I will be getting those documents before 6th of Jan2011 & 7th possibly I will put my application. The final Documents I will be havin is
a) Employer liability insurance- even though I am sole trader
b) Class 2 NI contribution quaterly bill & letter from hmrc
c) Business acct, invoices
d) Accountant letter with a covering letter
e) emp letter, pay slip, personal bank statement.

do you think this should satify their needs. thankx in adv

blue.olive

Re: hello friends

Post by blue.olive » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:24 am

shyamanand wrote:hi oliver and nineteen,

Thanks for your advice. I will be getting those documents before 6th of Jan2011 & 7th possibly I will put my application. The final Documents I will be havin is
a) Employer liability insurance- even though I am sole trader
b) Class 2 NI contribution quaterly bill & letter from hmrc
c) Business acct, invoices
d) Accountant letter with a covering letter
e) emp letter, pay slip, personal bank statement.

do you think this should satify their needs. thankx in adv

Just prepared table explaining

Date of invoice
Invoice number
Client
Amount
Date of amount credited in bank

The more easy you make the things for the case worker, more quick you get your results

Good luck
Olive

shyamanand

hi olive my friend

Post by shyamanand » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 am

Hi olive , Thank you so much. May god bless u more n more in this new yr.I have got all the invoices ready with the business bankk statements. All I was worried is the hmrc stuff. I am planning to post my application on 6 or 7th jan the latest.

Just arranging my Accountant letter. And as promised by hmrc if they sent the letter from hmrc and class 2 quarterly bill, Will I be standing safe. What do u think bro......