ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Register Office CLOSED

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fsharich
Newly Registered

Register Office CLOSED

Post by fsharich » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Dear All
I received my approval letter on the 24 of December! What a Christmas Present!!
The date shown on the letter is 13th of December.
The thing is, Register Office doesnt answer the phone and I don't think they will be open.
My problem is that the letter says I should contact RO within 14 days of date of the letter to arrange a Ceremony.
I don't know any website which says about Register Office opening hours and I am worried because 14 days will be completed on TUESDAY the 27th.
Do you have any sugestions? :)
Thanks
Fer

BJ21

Re: Register Office CLOSED

Post by BJ21 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:02 pm

fsharich wrote:Dear All
The thing is, Register Office doesnt answer the phone and I don't think they will be open.
My problem is that the letter says I should contact RO within 14 days of date of the letter to arrange a Ceremony.
I don't know any website which says about Register Office opening hours and I am worried because 14 days will be completed on TUESDAY the 27th.
Thanks
Fer
hi
congratulation on your approval. you need to contact with your local council and they will give you the register office address and phone number to book your citizenship ceromony, some register building is in the same building in council., but some are different address.
Regards

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Register Office CLOSED

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:41 pm

fsharich wrote:Dear All
Thanks
Fer
27 and 28 (Monday and Tuesday) are Bank Holidays so the offices will be closed. I don't think you should worry about it, as the holiday time will be taken into consideration. Try calling them on Wednesday (28 ).

Congratulations on getting the approval.

Ray