ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tnx

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virking669
Newly Registered

tnx

Post by virking669 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Subject: My course is starting soon so still I have to wait for the Visa?

Myself Mr. Vik. I applied for student visa extension in September 2009. In November 2009 Homeoffice sespended the college's license. Homeoffice hold my file till May 2010 and gave me rejection and gave the reason that your college is not registered.. I went to appeal and I won the appeal, beacause as per guidance home office should hold my file untill the decision for the license of the college come and if licence is withdraw, they have to give me the time to change the college but not the rejection... Beacuse when I applied at that time the college was registared... I won the appeal and Home office gave me 3 months visa and said your college's licence is withdraw so take the addmision in other college and make a fresh application. so my 3 month visa expire on 19th November 2010 and I put fresh application on 5th november 2010 and I had done my Biomatric on 29th November 2010. My course starts on 13th Dec 2010, so my college told me that I can't attend the college untill my visa come....

So what should I do??
So in my case am i not allowed to study untill my visa come?...
Hoping for the favourable reply...
Last edited by virking669 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

chinagef

Re: My course is starting soon so still I have to wait for t

Post by chinagef » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:36 pm

virking669 wrote:Subject: My course is starting soon so still I have to wait for the Visa?

Myself Mr. Vik. I applied for student visa extension in September 2009. In November 2009 Homeoffice sespended the college's license. Homeoffice hold my file till May 2010 and gave me rejection and gave the reason that your college is not registered.. I went to appeal and I won the appeal, beacause as per guidance home office should hold my file untill the decision for the license of the college come and if licence is withdraw, they have to give me the time to change the college but not the rejection... Beacuse when I applied at that time the college was registared... I won the appeal and Home office gave me 3 months visa and said your college's licence is withdraw so take the addmision in other college and make a fresh application. so my 3 month visa expire on 19th November 2010 and I put fresh application on 5th november 2010 and I had done my Biomatric on 29th November 2010. My course starts on 13th Dec 2010, so my college told me that I can't attend the college untill my visa come....

So what should I do??
So in my case am i not allowed to study untill my visa come?...
Hoping for the favourable reply...
If the college you are switching to is Highly Trusted, you can start immediately.

If not, you will have to wait until your visa is granted before you can switch institutions.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:13 pm

In my opinion this is not the case of switching.

You have made freash application so you should inform UKBA regarding this by the email provided by UKBA and if they give you positive reply take a copy to your college and attend the college as per course time table.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:42 pm

kkj wrote:In my opinion this is not the case of switching.

You have made freash application so you should inform UKBA regarding this by the email provided by UKBA and if they give you positive reply take a copy to your college and attend the college as per course time table.
"Students applying to change to a different education provider

From 23 July 2010, existing Tier 4 students who want to change to a sponsor with a Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) licence will be able to begin their new course of study, at their own risk, while they are waiting for the UK Border Agency to make a decision on their application to change sponsor.

Students applying to change to an A- or B-rated sponsor are not permitted to begin their new course of study until they receive a positive decision from us on their application to change sponsor. To avoid unnecessary delays in beginning a course, we have put processes in place to prioritise applications made by students who want to change to A- or B-rated sponsors."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... nges-to-t4