ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my friend needs a VISA to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LuisAlberto
Newly Registered

Does my friend needs a VISA to Ireland

Post by LuisAlberto » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi everyone !
so here is my question as it is urgent and the Irish embassy in Budapest was closed today.
My friend wants to come with me to Dublin for a week. He is Tunisian and he's married to an Hungarian citizen. He also possess a permanent residence card for Hungary a country member of the European Union.
Does he needs to apply for a VISA to travel to Ireland or his valid passport and residence card are enough ?
Thanks for any help !

delcoyote
Newly Registered

Some info

Post by delcoyote » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:41 pm

If he is travelling with his European union spouse or is travelling to join the spouse then he does not need a visa (but should carry a copy of the directive 2004/38/EC and the marriage certificate just in case).

If he is not travelling with his European Union spouse then he will need a visa, whatever one is applicable to him.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton