ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Spouse Visa Vary if sponsor have ILR or british citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raam123
Newly Registered

Does Spouse Visa Vary if sponsor have ILR or british citizen

Post by raam123 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:20 am

thanks for all.

please i need some advice on this: does the spouse visa period varies if the sponsor is british citizen or if have ILR?

The reason am asking is someone told me that his solicitor said that if he apply for his wife to join him now in the UK while he have ILR she will get 5 years visa and after that 5 years she can apply for Indefinite leave, while if he wait few months until he becomes a British citizen then she gets Two years visa where she can apply for ILR after that? is that true? Also is is true that you have more chance to get successful spouse visa when you are British than if u have ILR? Does your appeal rights are also different in case of refusal?

Also i will be very thankfull if someone could help me with my other query http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=69137

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.