ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS cover for PSW

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

superutp
Newly Registered

NHS cover for PSW

Post by superutp » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 am

I have just obtained my PSW visa....under the tier 4 student visa we were covered under the NHS....

what happens on the current visa type? do we need to register again or does it automatically get renewed..

please let me know

thanks..

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:56 am

Anyone legally living in the UK is covered by the NHS, there are no two ways about this.

Not sure about you visa question - was it with reference to NHS and renewing your registration with your GP or was it just regarding the visa???

If NHS - then there is nothing like renewing it because your visa has changed from Tier 4 Student to Tier 1 PSW

If regarding your Tier 1 PSW, then it does not renew itself. Depending on your PSW Visa being 2 or 3 years long, you need to ensure to meet all requirements for visa extension 12 months prior to the last date on your visa

KP

superutp
Newly Registered

Post by superutp » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:32 pm

it was regarding NHS

so I understand that I am automatically covered under my new visa type since I was covered my student visa...

thanks for answering my Q.

cheers