ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for UK Visa - EUFam card holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infinita
Newly Registered

Documents for UK Visa - EUFam card holder

Post by infinita » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:40 am

Hi everyone,

I just submitted my application for UK visit visa online and paid the application fees.

I hope that they'll issue a 6-month multi-entry visa to me :)

I will be travel with my EU spouse and I am currently full time employed.

Can someone tell me which supporting documents I should prepare?

Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year!

daddy
Member of Standing

uk visa

Post by daddy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:43 pm

What is your eu wifes' nationality? I think that you do not need a visa at the first place as your eu wife will accompany you on the trip and you have your stamp 4eufam card.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:45 pm

I am of the same opinion as daddy, if you are travelling with your EU citizen spouse and you have a valid EUFAM residence card then you do not need a visa to enter the UK.

The immigration officer might be awkward which is why you should carry with your marriage certificate and a copy of the Directive 2004/38/EC with the relevant parts highlighted stating that you do not need a visa if travelling with your spouse.

I see you are applying for a multi-entry visa. If it is your intention to travel alone to the UK at all, then you will need a visa, unless joining your spouse over there, which you would need evidence of.

Supporting documents for a visa include a letter from your employer, evidence of family ties in Ireland, evidence of your travel plans like your hotel booking and flight tickets, bank statements from the previous 3-6 months and evidence of any savings you might have.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton