ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizen Cert. then what next?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joannec777
Newly Registered

Citizen Cert. then what next?

Post by joannec777 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:22 pm

Dear All,

I have received the Certification from the Home Office saying that my daughter is now registered as British Citizen (her father is British and born in UK, i and her father were never married and seperated shortly after her birth), I am just wondering with this Cert. will she be able to apply for her British passport? She is 13 years old and would like to stay in UK to carry on her schooling, as of myself I am staying in UK illegally , so will that be a chance for me to stay in UK with her legally now since she is now registered as British Citizen?

best regards,
Joanne

malli

Post by malli » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:47 pm

yes she can apply for her British passport, but you have to get yourself sorted out. Having a british child doesnt make you british.

joannec777
Newly Registered

Post by joannec777 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:39 am

Yes I am aware that it will not make me British, i am just wondering if that other ways i can apply to stay in UK? I am a commonwealth Citizen, will that make things easier?

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:39 am

joannec777 wrote:
Yes I am aware that it will not make me British, i am just wondering if that other ways i can apply to stay in UK? I am a commonwealth Citizen, will that make things easier?
Yes, you may go through these routes:

1. Long stay (legal or illegal): are you in the UK for more than 10 years or 14 years..consider contacting a good immigration lawyer for ILR,

2. Are you skilled?...consider any of the tier 1 or 2 (General)

3. Can you afford to go through the post graduate route?...consider getting a post a graduate degree and move to tier 1 (General) from there..

These are the list I have got...if other people have better ideas please help!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

Possibly Discretionary Leave - Access to Child visa. You've given very little information. You say you are here illegally. Is this an overstay from a previous visa? Does your daughter have contact with her?
You really need to seek legal advice with this.

joannec777
Newly Registered

Post by joannec777 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:48 am

iyanu wrote:joannec777 wrote:
Yes, you may go through these routes:

1. Long stay (legal or illegal): are you in the UK for more than 10 years or 14 years..consider contacting a good immigration lawyer for ILR,

2. Are you skilled?...consider any of the tier 1 or 2 (General)

3. Can you afford to go through the post graduate route?...consider getting a post a graduate degree and move to tier 1 (General) from there..

These are the list I have got...if other people have better ideas please help!
1. I have broken the long residnecy thing by having a gap of not being in UK for over 90 days .
2. NO , not skilled.
3. Don't have the fund.

Thanks for your advise though.

joannec777
Newly Registered

Post by joannec777 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Casa wrote:Possibly Discretionary Leave - Access to Child visa. You've given very little information. You say you are here illegally. Is this an overstay from a previous visa? Does your daughter have contact with her?
You really need to seek legal advice with this.
Here's the whole story, sorry it’s kind of long, I am originally from Hong Kong , on a British Nation (overseas) passport , I came to UK to further my studies, was on Student Visa for 5 years. I felt pregnant while I was still on my student visa, My then partner and I was planning to get married after the birth of our child but things doesn't normally go the way we planned. Shortly after our beautiful daughter arrived, I found out he was having an affair with another woman and they were expecting a baby together. So I called off the whole wedding thing and left him. He was trying to get our baby's custody, so I took the baby and left UK and returned to my home country but my family will not accept me and my daughter and disowned me because single mother is not something that they can accept. Life become too difficult and people were saying hurtful things to me and my daughter (She is mix-race), so I decided to come back to UK with my daughter on a visitor visa and a good friend of mine took us in. Since then we were staying in UK illegally, it’s been 7 years now, we have lost all contact with her biological father. Few months ago I applied to have my daughter register as British Citizen and last week Home office sent her the Cert. of Registeration base on Section 3(1). I know now I can apply for British passport for her but am not sure if there is anything I can apply for me to stay here with her as I am the only family she has. Please advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:18 pm

joannec777 wrote:1. I have broken the long residnecy thing by having a gap of not being in UK for over 90 days .
Incorrect (276A(a)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:50 pm

joannec777 I think you need to study this guide from Vinny, it will definitely do you good with a good lawyer by your side...thank you Vinny for this!

I wish you best of luck and your lovely child!

Happy new year to you all!
Last edited by iyanu on Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannec777
Newly Registered

Post by joannec777 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Thank you so much for all your help dear, I will now go study that. In the mean time I will apply the British passport for my daughter. Once i have saved up enough money I will go find a good lawyer. Can anyone recommand a good laywer to us, will really aprreciated that!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:24 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.