ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP tier-1 55K Salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tanveer2010
Newly Registered

HSMP tier-1 55K Salary

Post by tanveer2010 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:42 am

Hi All,

I have a question on behalf of my friend.

His situation : He is on a Mon-Fri (9-5pm) JOB as a Software Engineer on 30K with a good company.

He wants to switch into Tier-1 HSMP. He has a 4year BS in Comp. Science from a University which is in the PBS calculator database and gives him 30points.

According to PBS calculator he needs 55K to be able to score enough points to qualify.

is this possible that he can hire a accountant to get his salary to 55K ?

He has done project work outside his job but wasn't self employed or anything but people are saying that he can get an accountant and they can manage this ?

is this true ?
will be grateful for your insight on this !

etrade

Post by etrade » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 am

need to get the information from experienced immigration lawyer.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:14 am

I hope he is looking for a legitimate solution and not seeking assistance for committing a fraud.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:06 pm

If he is doing the same work and paid the same hourly rate I cant see him going from 30K to 55K. He may be able to go from 30K to 35K or maybe 40K at a push if he has his own cc and gets paid to the cc. Although you normally need to be a contractor to do this getting work from various jobs.

If he had his own cc and charged out his OWN rates ie higher rates then sure he could get 55K perhaps quite easily and also pay less tax than a full time employee 9-5pm job.

I dont see any accountant been able to magically change 30K into 55K but restructuring his package in some way, its just impossible. He would have to open a a cc and charge out his own rates effectively be a contractor.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:08 pm

tanveer2010 if you do find an accountant who can restructure his salary package from 30K to 55K in a LEGAL way please let all of us know so we can all jump on the band wagon and get rich quick.... :lol:

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP tier-1 55K Salary

Post by *FC* » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 pm

tanveer2010 wrote:Hi All,

His situation : He is on a Mon-Fri (9-5pm) JOB as a Software Engineer on 30K with a good company.

He wants to switch into Tier-1 HSMP. He has a 4year BS in Comp. Science from a University which is in the PBS calculator database and gives him 30points.

According to PBS calculator he needs 55K to be able to score enough points to qualify.

He has done project work outside his job but wasn't self employed or anything but people are saying that he can get an accountant and they can manage this ?

is this true ?
1. What is his current Visa status?
2. If he is on a Tier-2 or WP, is he working elsewhere? (If he is, then he is doing things illegally, I guess)
3. Has he earnt that extra 25K or is he looking to cheat the system?

FC

NeoZ

Re: HSMP tier-1 55K Salary

Post by NeoZ » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:01 pm

tanveer2010 wrote:Hi All,

is this true ?
Since when fraud advice was okay here?! :evil:

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Thats why I asked for the clarification above.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

NumbersGame
Newly Registered

Post by NumbersGame » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:14 am

yup, for a friend alright 8)
wish my friends will get me advice like this

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:05 am

mtuckersa wrote:tanveer2010 if you do find an accountant who can restructure his salary package from 30K to 55K in a LEGAL way please let all of us know so we can all jump on the band wagon and get rich quick.... :lol:
LOOL I'm in!!
Goodluck.