ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax return and traffic offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Need-help
Newly Registered

Tax return and traffic offence

Post by Need-help » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi,

I am about to apply for British citizenship, it will be kind if you can comment on my following queries:

i) I was self employed from June 2006 - Nov 2008 and then I become permanent employee. My accountant helped me in closing the company down and paying the taxes. However I am not sure if I still have to give capital gains tax.

So I am not sure if I have to pay some tax or not, how can I confirm -- should I call my accountant or HMRC. After Nov 2008 it is fine as I am a permanent employee with the same company.

ii) In Nov 2010 I got a speeding ticket of driving at 46 mph at 40mph road. I confirmed that I was a driver, after that the police didn't send me the fixed penalty nor endorsed any points. They suggested that they have decided not to prosecute but to educate drivers, hence inviting me to go on a 4 hours course for speed awareness.

I have enrolled myself to that course and will be attending that on 13 Jan 2011. My question is that should I say in Form AN that I have been convicted for traffic offence or should I say "No"

Looking forward to your reply. Many thanks for your help.

With regards

Need-help
Newly Registered

traffic offence

Post by Need-help » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 am

Hi Guys,

It will be great if someone can advice.

Cheers...

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:32 pm

1. Your accountant can easily check with HRMC or point you to a contact there to find out if you have any outstanding debt with them. If you have you would have probably already known about it.

2. You already answered this one by indicating that the police decided not to prosecute you. You are not going to be charged let alone being convicted.

Need-help
Newly Registered

Post by Need-help » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks a lot...

Its very kind of you..

Cheers