ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

needs advise on funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

let-live
Newly Registered

needs advise on funds

Post by let-live » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:19 am

Hello! Friends!
switching from psw to student. for maintenance funds, i got a well established close friend in uk who will give me a letter and his business or personnel bank statements showing that he will provide food and accommodation to me my dependents. 'coz food & shelter takes the major % of the maintenance funds. Can I show less funds basing on the above making a notary of his letter and statements? or its mandatory to show cash in the account. As I am not in a position to show 7200 for my maintenance and some additional funds for the maintenance of my dependents.

Thank you.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:28 pm

No it will not work!

Only a legal gardian can be a sponsor under Tier 4. So its useless to show any kind of money or food or shelter gurantee from a friend. As per my knowledge, PBS laws have no provisions about that.

A friend can only help you by giving you some cash for 28 days.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

let-live
Newly Registered

Post by let-live » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Thank you very much for the reply kkj.

No my friend can't help me with funds as my requirement is huge. Got to show approx.£18000 for the maintenance for me and my dependents, apart from the uni fees. No option got to pack my bags.

chinagef

Post by chinagef » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

let-live wrote:Thank you very much for the reply kkj.

No my friend can't help me with funds as my requirement is huge. Got to show approx.£18000 for the maintenance for me and my dependents, apart from the uni fees. No option got to pack my bags.
Parents can act as financial sponsors too if this is of any relevance.