ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Extension Form - Section E - Need help!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkj
BANNED

Tier 4 Extension Form - Section E - Need help!

Post by kkj » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:11 pm

In Tier 4 extension application form there is section E, Personal History.

The heading says:

Question-E1.
Has the student had any crimnal convictions in the United Kingdom or any other country (including traffic offenses) or any civil judgments made against them?

Yes[_]-----No[_]

I have following questions regarding this:

a) Does student need to show CCJs against them by credit card companies or mobile phone companies? (Not paying unsecured debts, the usual problem with most of students.)

b) If above CCJs are shown in application form, by checking the 'Yes' box and providing details about, what will be the final IMPACT on visa extension application?
It will be refused?
Or it will be delayed?
Or its depends upon the amount of CCJ?
Or UKBA required to pay those CCJs?

Experts help/advice needed!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:10 am

Anybody have any opinion?
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 am

Any idea?

or

No idea?

:P

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:54 pm

i have a similar problem, can some one reply please

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:21 am

thats my take on it....

its not upto UKBA to enforce the law etc. They would leave it to relevant authorities.

As far as they are concerned, they will only check if you lied/withheld info in the app form. So, as long as you declare any "convictions" in the app form, caseworker can't refuse your app under the para which says the applicant withheld/lied about stuff on the application form.

Mind you, google official meaning of "conviction". Just because someone has asked you to pay outstanding amount is not same as "conviction". A law court must have issued some sort of sentencing etc. for it to be called a "conviction".

here is what i found on google.

"(criminal law) a final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed"

http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/conviction.htm

You will need to find if non-payment falls under "criminal law" or "civil law". if its a civil law, then i dont think you are convicted, so to speak.

I should point, im not a lawyer, and thats just my opinion which makes sense, to me atleast :)

regards

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 am

Thanks! But the problem is, even lawyers have 'no idea' about this question.

As per my opinion, after discussing the matter with some good lawyers, a most relvent and sensible idea I got is following:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This question will help UKBA to mark those students who are near to complete their 10 years legal stay and will apply for 'Naturalization'. This section can impact on their application on a 'good character' requirements."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think on above? If anybody have any idea / opinion, please share!

shani84
Newly Registered

Post by shani84 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:54 am

Hi!
this has nothing to do with UKBA unless u app;ying for indefinite leave to remain

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:51 am

But for ILR, we cannot use this application form. There is separate application form for ILR purpose.

Any other opinion??