ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit - dependants

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goodenterprise
BANNED

Work Permit - dependants

Post by goodenterprise » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:44 am

Hi. I am here on work permit (believe tier 2 now), and my husband and 2 children are in the UK as my dependants. I changed the employer and the work permit not so long ago but do my husband and children also need to apply for new dependant visas to UKBA?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by goodenterprise on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:00 pm

goodenterprise wrote:Hi. I am here on work permit (believe tier 2 now), and my parents are here as my dependents. I changed the employer and hence the work permit not so long ago but do my parents also need to change their dependents visas? (as my already changed).

Thank you very much.
Parents are not included in the list of dependants of PBS migrants (e.g. - Tier 2).

The current immigration rules for WP migrants also do not state anything regarding leave to enter / remain for parents as dependants of the WP migrant.

regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.