ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and Maintenance . PLs John help me.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raam123
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and Maintenance . PLs John help me.

Post by raam123 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks all,
and Happy holidays for everyone and especially John.

I posted my query in Immigration for other members but it look this place is the right place for it. My apologises bec i couldnot know how to delete that post in the other forum.

please i need some urgent advice, i want apply for my wife spouse visa and iam currently on income support,IB and lower rate disability benefit mobility and care.

I find a job where i would be getting around £1250 month.
i called the jobcentre and they put me through to a private company "ingeus Ltd " who works for the jobcentre. anyway the lady there worked out things for me as following:

BASED ON: £ 1250/month
DLA £ 37.90.......................... My DLA Review will be on end of april
TAX Credits £ 99.75
Return to wrk credit: £ 40................... paid for up to 52 weeks
Salary(after tax) £ 236.13

Total: £ 440
Rent to pay £ 80 .................... Permenant council studio flat.
council tax £ 8

Total disposable income after rent and council tax: £ 353

I had a saving of around 1900 pounds.
Wife backhome have a saving around 2000 pounds.(inheritance from her dead mum)

My questions please :
1. are these calculations looks accurate as when i go to listentotaxman.com it gives me salary after tax as 236.04

2. If i want to apply for my wife a spouse visa can when the earliest recommended date i can apply i start wrk this week can i apply in march or better do that in may or even later, as this is my first job ever.

3. Is these Tax credits and Return to work credit will harm such applications as the ECO could say that am on low income and claim some kind of public funds or so. And are these Salary £ 353 is enough to support me and my wife.

4.I was told that I must show ECO that my marriage subsisting, by having itemised bill of calls between me and my wife, which mean that i need to get a contract line and that would add atleast £ 80 or more on my spendings (that is for a hour call each month to call my home country, direct call), (the sad thing is that i use prepaid phone cards and using 0207 numbers i can call wife for about 2 hours for less than £ 5). The question is would this £ 80 weakens my maintenance requirements. Is there anyway around so i save this money.

Please i need every advice, Especially from John. Knowing the previous complicated immigration history and failed asylum application of my wife i will like do things as clear and right as possible. as solicitor said that it more likely she will get refusal first time then our luck will be on appeal.

many thanks for everyone.

raam123
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa and Maintenance . PLs John help me.

Post by raam123 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi all,
100 views and no reply yet :( :( :( ?

please guys i do need ur advice urgent and that would be very much appreciated. Even if you are not very expert atleast share your experience with me and we all benefit from that.

many thanks for everyone