ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent Visa Rejected. Please advice URGENT!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TargetTier1
Newly Registered

Tier1 Dependent Visa Rejected. Please advice URGENT!

Post by TargetTier1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:55 am

Hi,

My wife's visa has been refused on the basis of inadequate relationship evidense. I submitted the Marriage Certificate(Karnataka state WAKF board) along with a joint photo. I applied soon after compliting the religious event (Nikah) so I could not submit photos.

They have rejected on following reasons-
1. Poor quality of the Marriage Certificate
2. No photos showing marriage ceramony
3. They think that I was not in India during the wedding since I did not submit passport copies showing immigrations stamps.

Date Refused- 13/12/2010
I have 28 days i.e till 9th Jan 2010 (approx). I am in dillemma whether to Appeal or Re-apply. I was thinking to re-apply till now. But I have seen some cases where appeal has not taken much time. Please suggest.

I have all the documents now.
1. Covering letter from Marriage certificate issuing authority saying that it is genuine.
2. Marriage reception photos.
3. India visit proof (Passport pages and Air tickets)

PLEASE REPLY ASAP.

Thanks a lot!
Zameer
zameer.h@gmail.com

silverline

Post by silverline » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Depends on how urgent you want to resolve. Appeal can take upto 6-9 months but save money and you don't have to record visa rejection. New application will most likely be processed sooner than appeal.

Grounds are minor & chances of winning appeal are handsome.

Ameenfusion
Newly Registered

Post by Ameenfusion » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 pm

U can go for appeal becoz my wife had same case and we got decision overturned letter within 21 working days

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:44 pm

which visa form did you submit ??

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:25 pm

@ Target tier 1

You should had submitted the marriage photos, marriage invitation, chats, emails to substantiate your marriage subsistence. Wonder how VFS agreed to accept your wife's application when you did not submit all the 36 pages of your passport as per my knowledge they would directly say not to apply without having the xerox of all 36 pages which is the new rule brough by BHC from November 2010 which was told to me by VFS.

Just to let you know as per my knowledge you cannot produce any new documents in the appeal such as air tickets / marriage reception photos etc. It has to be the set of same documents which you had submitted during your initial application. I guess immigration gurus can throw some light on the appealing system.

So i guess fastest and the quickest way to apply is re apply freshly with all the documents again. Please note in your fresh application do not submit any document which is old by more than 1 month e.g NOC from LAndlord as BHC does not entertain any documents older than 1 month

Ameenfusion
Newly Registered

Post by Ameenfusion » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:08 am

I have submitted IAFT2 form form to appeal for Tier1 dependent visa refusal on 24th November and got decision overturned letter on 29th December