ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - spouse with TIER 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RSetia
Newly Registered

ILR Application - spouse with TIER 1

Post by RSetia » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi,
I am a Tier 2 holder (earlier work permit ) now eligible for ILR. My wife's lived with me in Uk all these 5 years. She was my Tier 2 dependent from 2006-2009 (3 yrs) and then she got her own Tier 1 in Apr 2009. Currently she is not a dependent for visa purposes.

Q. Can i apply for ILR with her as a dependent on my SET(O) application?

I have got contrary replies on the above from Immigration contact centre. 1 person told me that she can apply only if she is a dependent on the date of application. The other person told me that for Tier 1/2 the rules are different and she IS eligible to apply since she's lived with me for so long.

I need to know for sure so that i can decide either to:
A. Go ahead with the ILR application now OR
B. Get her status changed to dependent and then apply for ILR a couple of months later.

Need to be sure which option (A or B) is possible/guaranteed, because last thing i want is to lose the Tier1 status and then go into a loop of FLR(M) for 2 years.

Please advise.

Regards
G

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:42 pm