ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-Employed Tier-1 (general) supporting documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aahma
Newly Registered

Self-Employed Tier-1 (general) supporting documents

Post by aahma » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:42 am

Hi All,

I had a little question and I would appreciate if any successful self-employed candidate could answer it. I have been working as Self-employed from September 2010 to December 2010 to compensate my difference in required earnings (PBS criteria), when I spoke to an accountant in order to do my Tax-returns he informed that he could not do so before April 2011(I plan to apply in March). All he can do is write a letter as my managing agent/accountant stating my income and what tax i am liable to pay and that he will be doing my returns when the time comes.
So basically I wanted to know if this letter from the accountant and NI payment proof is enough(along with bank statements) as a proof of earnings or is there something else I should provide? I will really really appreciate any feedback and guidance. Cheers,

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm

You would need copies of invoices issued against all the payments credited into yoru bank account.

The invoice should have contact details of your clients.

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by rizash76 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 pm

yes, you can do this way. i have had done this way as well. should be not a prob.
Last edited by rizash76 on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aahma
Newly Registered

Cheers

Post by aahma » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Many thanks for the response Rizwan, that's cool, I've got all the invoices I have been sending so that shouldn't be a problem :) Cheers man.

blue.olive

Re: Self-Employed Tier-1 (general) supporting documents

Post by blue.olive » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:49 am

aahma wrote:Hi All,

I had a little question and I would appreciate if any successful self-employed candidate could answer it. I have been working as Self-employed from September 2010 to December 2010 to compensate my difference in required earnings (PBS criteria), when I spoke to an accountant in order to do my Tax-returns he informed that he could not do so before April 2011(I plan to apply in March). All he can do is write a letter as my managing agent/accountant stating my income and what tax i am liable to pay and that he will be doing my returns when the time comes.
So basically I wanted to know if this letter from the accountant and NI payment proof is enough(along with bank statements) as a proof of earnings or is there something else I should provide? I will really really appreciate any feedback and guidance. Cheers,
You need to have two proof of evidence out of seven mentioned in the guidance notes. Ensure you provide them else there might be a problem for you. The easiest one to get in addition to HMRC letter is the employer's liability insurance.

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:51 am

blue.olive wrote:

You need to have two proof of evidence out of seven mentioned in the guidance notes. Ensure you provide them else there might be a problem for you. The easiest one to get in addition to HMRC letter is the employer's liability insurance.

Could you kindly explain what the employer's liability insurance is? Would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Aahma

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:37 am

blue.olive wrote:You need to have two proof of evidence out of seven mentioned in the guidance notes. Ensure you provide them else there might be a problem for you. The easiest one to get in addition to HMRC letter is the employer's liability insurance.
The guidance notes have changed and they don't specify the seven types of evidence any more. See paragraphs 138, 140, 141 for the new requirements. And others please add to these if I've missed any relevant sections.

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 am

goldfish wrote:
blue.olive wrote:You need to have two proof of evidence out of seven mentioned in the guidance notes. Ensure you provide them else there might be a problem for you. The easiest one to get in addition to HMRC letter is the employer's liability insurance.
The guidance notes have changed and they don't specify the seven types of evidence any more. See paragraphs 138, 140, 141 for the new requirements. And others please add to these if I've missed any relevant sections.
So after reading the guidance notes, I think the three most important supporting evidence (self-employed) should be :

1. Bank statements for the actual income.
2. Proof of paying National Insurance for the period being claimed.
3. Letter from the accountant along with Invoices etc.

Please add anything if my observation is inaccurate,

time2866
Newly Registered

Post by time2866 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:33 am

I thought earning the points from self-employed, the business needs to be 2years trading history. isn't that correct?

Thanks

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:53 am

time2866 wrote:

I thought earning the points from self-employed, the business needs to be 2years trading history. isn't that correct?

Thanks
No, of course not....who told you that? you can just work for a month here and there if you've registered yourself as being a self-employed sole trader with the HMRC. All you would need to be doing is to pay your NIC for the time that you were either working or actively seeking work as self-employed.

amuk

Post by amuk » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:03 pm

rizwan567 wrote:You would need copies of invoices issued against all the payments credited into yoru bank account.

The invoice should have contact details of your clients.
Rizwan, could you please refer me to where it says so? I thought this was required only for letters or such; e.g. "letter from employer" or an accountant letter?

My invoices have their full address, but no contact details. I'll provide that in a separate document. Would that work?

Thank you!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 am

or you could ask your accountant to make you a periodic accounts for the period you mentioned.
Goodluck.