ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what dacuments do I need to apply for my ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanchilus
Newly Registered

what dacuments do I need to apply for my ILR

Post by sanchilus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:36 am

I am due to apply for my ILR in may comming so what dacuments do I need to submit to the homeoffice i would be very greatful for so info about it thank you

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 pm

which category are you applying under? why dont you read the forms and search this forum, particularly look for success stories where all documents are often listed.

sanchilus
Newly Registered

Post by sanchilus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:28 pm

I am applying in the SET(M) category

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:58 pm

Have you downloaded form SET(M) from the UKBA website? The guide notes will give you a list of documents you need to submit. Have you passed the Life in the UK test?

sanchilus
Newly Registered

Post by sanchilus » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:10 pm

Yes I have pass the life in the uk test and thanks you for the info

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:18 pm

95% of postal application take 6 months to get back to you so I strongly advise anyone again postal application after the nightmare I have been through go in person as the form and fees change every 3 months and your applicaiton will be invalid.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:57 pm

We've been through this already Azimscot. New fees will only apply to a pending application if the original application has been rejected and the fee not taken. Your particular problem relates to the UKBA not taking the fee and rejecting the application due (as they say) to the payment page not being included.
In normal circumstances if an application is processed the fee at the time this was submitted applies...and isn't subject to any subsequent increases while it is awaiting a decision.
The majority of straightforward postal applications for ILR at present are taking around 12 weeks on average.