ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Rejection Dilemma

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Tier 1 Rejection Dilemma

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi guys,

I have been rejected a Tier 1 general visa because of a very flimsy reason. All my documents are correct, but the home office claims they tried to confirm some of my earnings from overseas by email and telephone and were not able to collaborate my earnings. They have also told me that I do not have a right to appeal.

After getting the rejection, I decided to phone up the company to find out if they were actually contacted and the company verified that they had been contacted and even replied the home office via email. The company has told me that they can provide me an email copy of the correspondence if I require.

Now, my question is do I have a genuine right to appeal this decision, if the email exists or do I have to re-apply. People with experience in such issues or lawyers should please advise me on what's best to do as I need to sort this issue a.s.a.p

Thank you
Last edited by thebionicredneck2003 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Can you please elaborate whether it is iN country or overseas Application and how much salary did you show

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:02 am

Hi sudeepss,

The application was made within the U.K
Last edited by thebionicredneck2003 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:05 am

If you cannot appeal then it would be advisable to contact a immigration solicitor and ask his advice and apply through him again

blue.olive

Re: Tier 1 Rejection Dilemma

Post by blue.olive » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:52 am

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Hi guys,

I have been rejected a Tier 1 general visa because of a very flimsy reason. All my documents are correct, but the home office claims they tried to confirm some of my earnings from overseas by email and telephone and were not able to collaborate my earnings. They have also told me that I do not have a right to appeal.

After getting the rejection, I decided to phone up the company to find out if they were actually contacted and the company verified that they had been contacted and even replied the home office via email. The company has told me that they can provide me an email copy of the correspondence if I require.

Now, my question is do I have a genuine right to appeal this decision, if the email exists or do I have to re-apply. People with experience in such issues or lawyers should please advise me on what's best to do as I need to sort this issue a.s.a.p

Thank you
Generally, within country applicant do not get right to appeal if they still have leave to remain

Check with a solicitor, he might help you in this case

bristol1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by bristol1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:57 am

i know someone who had similar case to you. he showed overseas salary, and his company was contacted. But he hasnt heard anything yet. can you confirm what country did he showed earnings from and what info did they ask for

bristol1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by bristol1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:02 am

can you also confirm, if that company paid you into uk bank account?

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi Bristol01,

The overseas country is Australia and the money was paid into my australian account.

I have no idea what they asked the company

bristol1
Newly Registered

hi

Post by bristol1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 pm

Could you give more details about your case as this thread is read by loads of other experts too. I think info such as date of application was it in post, if you had a case rep and what other supporting documents did you submit.

I know some one who showed similar situation from New Zealand but money was paid in UK account and the company was asked to submit invoices by high commission in new zealand. Your company or yourself should contact using that email adddress again.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:13 pm

What was in the email the company sent? And was it consistent with your application?