ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application invalid and now my student visa has expired...

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarferg
Newly Registered

application invalid and now my student visa has expired...

Post by sarferg » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:55 pm

I applied for a psw on Nov 3 from the UK. I just received my application back today (Dec 31) saying it was invalid because I did not use the newest version of the application form.

The problem is my student visa expired on Nov 13 and now I don't know if I should reapply from the UK or go home and apply from there. Also, while I have 800 pounds maintence requirement, I haven't had the 2,300 pounds requirement for three months.

I am still in the UK, so either way (reapply from the UK or go home and apply) I have overstayed my visa.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Do you think I should reapply from the UK and explain what happened or go home and reapply?

Teeque
Newly Registered

Post by Teeque » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:29 pm

It happenned to me one time when i was applying for my Tier 4 student extension three years ago- back then-they just told me to use the then current application form- All i had to do was use the current version and send back( preferably quoting your case worker number) include a letter explaining your situation.

Anyway that was three years ago and since lots of things have changed now-i would say keep on checking on what the current rules are saying.

jimomo
Newly Registered

Post by jimomo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 am

that's a mistakes that hurts, how do you get legal immigration advice without funds? maybe lawyers who once went through this immigration board should provide free consultation service to supports others