ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Munkey
Newly Registered

FLR M

Post by Munkey » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:58 pm

I have had a flr m application outstanding for quite some time.

Had been refused before and now after a very long battle they decided to reconsider the application in June 2010.

I have recently been contacted by them requesting further documents of where I and my husband live.

Has anyone been through similar experience when they request further info and how long they take in making a decision. ??

Please post your experiences.

Thank you

chinagef

Re: FLR M

Post by chinagef » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:57 am

Munkey wrote:I have had a flr m application outstanding for quite some time.

Had been refused before and now after a very long battle they decided to reconsider the application in June 2010.

I have recently been contacted by them requesting further documents of where I and my husband live.

Has anyone been through similar experience when they request further info and how long they take in making a decision. ??

Please post your experiences.

Thank you
In my experience, this is normally a good sign as they have now indicated what documents they need in order to fully consider the application.

You should go through their correspondence carefully, and ensure you give them the latest documents of what ever they ask for.

Do ask here if you are not sure which documents will be sufficient for the purposes of demonstrating accommodation, finance, relationship etc.

Munkey
Newly Registered

Post by Munkey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:51 pm

The UKBA have requested for us to submit letters that have mine and my husband's name on it showing the address where we are living.

We do not own the house as we are living with my husband's parents on temp basis until i am sorted out then we are going to move out.

My husband's father has written a letter stating that we have been living with since we got married in Feb 09.

As we have a solicitor dealing on behalf of us, she will submit all this on to UKBA.

What is the timescale for the UKBA to make a decisin once they receive the documents.??

any help and advice will be grately appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Do either of you have anything addressed to you at that house, for example bank statements, mobile phone bills, payslips? Is your husband on the electoral roll at that house? Even if the docs are not in joint names this would help to support the application. It's difficult to advise whether the letter form your father in law would be enough without knowing what else was submitted with the application but if his letter is the only thing you have to show you have been living together it might be a problem.

Munkey
Newly Registered

Post by Munkey » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:48 am

We do have letters addressed to both of us. My solicitor advised that a letter from the in law would suffice as we have previously sent the letter when the application was made.

Can anyone please tell me how long they will take once the documents have been sent? This is the 3rd time I am posting on this website and not many people seem to give their views or opinion.

Please help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 am

No one can tell you how long before you get a decision. Every case which is being considered under special conditions is different.
I'm surprised your solicitor didn't submit the correspondence you have showing joint address.

Munkey
Newly Registered

Post by Munkey » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:24 am

It has all been submitted previously they seem to be asking for them again.

Thats what I am confused about.

Thank you for your reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 am

Perhaps they lost them?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Munkey
Newly Registered

Post by Munkey » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:30 am

I hope they have not as they have all my original documents. Driving licence the lot.

I will be glad when this will over. This whole mess has been going on for the last 14 years of my life.

Hasnt anyone else been through this whole FLR M!!

I know for asylum applications they have now started to ask for passport photosgraphs and more evidence in order to decide! And usually they reply within a few weeks.

I hope this is the case with me. I wil be so glad when it will be sorted.