ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canada PR : Can I work In USA?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum70

Canada PR : Can I work In USA?

Post by anjum70 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi,
If i have canadian Permenant resisdency,

1.Am i Eligigble to work and can enter in united states or i need wok permit like H1 visa to work for company there ?

2. If i am eligble to work there and for how long i can stay in US on condition that i have permenant residency in canada not citzenship

Any information will be of great help

Looking forward to hear from you,

Thanks ,

Anjum

Dominion
Newly Registered

Post by Dominion » Sun May 21, 2006 9:09 pm

Dear Sir:

1) No. You cannot enter or work in the USA by just being a Canadian PR. Not even Canadians citizens can go there a work as they please. Canadians citizens can work in the USA under NAFTA following certain procedures or with any other work visa. Canadian citizens can also visit the US up to three months without visa, provided they are eligible to enter the country.

2) Since you cannot enter the USA as a PR, you must apply for a visitor visa or a work visa depending on your intentions. The lenght of your stay it determine by an immigration official and not by the visa itself, in case of a visitor visa. In case of a H1b, can be from 1 year up to 3 years depending on your contract with your sponsor employer.

Regards

D.