ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone received their T1 after Dec 23rd?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattDell

Has anyone received their T1 after Dec 23rd?

Post by MattDell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone has received a visa yet after the December 23rd closure. Word is UKBA was to begin issuing them yesterday since the monthly cap has been deemed unlawful.

Today would be the first day they could arrive in the mail.

push
United Kingdom

Re: Has anyone received their T1 after Dec 23rd?

Post by push » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:26 pm

MattDell wrote:Just wondering if anyone has received a visa yet after the December 23rd closure. Word is UKBA was to begin issuing them yesterday since the monthly cap has been deemed unlawful.

Today would be the first day they could arrive in the mail.
Don't go by what the word has it. Look at what UKBA says:
he UK Border Agency has stopped accepting Tier 1 (General) applications made overseas, from 00:01 on 23 December 2010. This is to ensure that we do not exceed the limit set by the UK government for approved Tier 1 (General) applications between 19 July 2010 and April 2011.

If you submitted an applications on or before 22 December 2010, this will be processed as normal. However, we have already announced that we will not decide any more Tier 1 (General) applications made overseas until January 2011.

Tier 1 (General) will not reopen for new applications overseas. If you have already obtained a Tier 1 (General) visa, your dependants can still apply.
Tier 1 (General) will remain open to applicants who are already in the UK until 5 April 2011. There will be transitional arrangements for some in-country applicants beyond 6 April 2011, and we will announce details of these in due course.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:30 pm

push wrote:Don't go by what the word has it. Look at what UKBA says
Yes, that was posted up on Dec 22nd. There has been correspondence with UKBA since then that suggests visas will be issued as soon as the applications are approved.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:58 pm

MattDell wrote:
push wrote:Don't go by what the word has it. Look at what UKBA says
Yes, that was posted up on Dec 22nd. There has been correspondence with UKBA since then that suggests visas will be issued as soon as the applications are approved.
I thought that was the latest information. Where did you see the correspondence?
regards,
push

MattDell

Post by MattDell » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 pm

I am referring to the correspondence from Richard Jackson found in this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=69050
Q - Will these applications be delayed due to a monthly limit?
A - No. Applications submitted before 23 December will be processed as quickly as possible. You can find out current processing times from our Visa Services website at www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes.
This is from the 24th of December.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 am

MattDell wrote:I am referring to the correspondence from Richard Jackson found in this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=69050
Q - Will these applications be delayed due to a monthly limit?
A - No. Applications submitted before 23 December will be processed as quickly as possible. You can find out current processing times from our Visa Services website at www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes.
This is from the 24th of December.
Richard's email points to no restrictions on processing the applications due to the non-existant monthly cap. UKBA's statement is overriding however, I think.
regards,
push

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 pm

UKBA will start re-issuing visas from 04-Jan-11 onwards.
Applications that were submitted up until the end of 22 December 2010 will be processed as normal, although under our monthly monitoring system we have already announced that we will not start issuing Tier 1 (General) visas again until January 2011.
regards

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:38 am

sushdmehta wrote:UKBA will start re-issuing visas from 04-Jan-11 onwards.
Applications that were submitted up until the end of 22 December 2010 will be processed as normal, although under our monthly monitoring system we have already announced that we will not start issuing Tier 1 (General) visas again until January 2011.
regards
I just received a letter confirming the same. If my application is successful, the visa can only be issued in January, but if I am refused, I will be informed as per usual.

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Post by expertbuddy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:04 am

mulderpf wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:UKBA will start re-issuing visas from 04-Jan-11 onwards.
regards
I just received a letter confirming the same. If my application is successful, the visa can only be issued in January, but if I am refused, I will be informed as per usual.

could you give some more detail on the letter. Is that an email reply?

rohitys
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rohitys » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 am

expertbuddy wrote:
mulderpf wrote:I just received a letter confirming the same. If my application is successful, the visa can only be issued in January, but if I am refused, I will be informed as per usual.

could you give some more detail on the letter. Is that an email reply?
relax he filed an online application :)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:15 am

Yes it was an email with a Word attachment which had all my details on, but other than that, pretty standard stuff. And yes, it follows an online application.

sleek082
Newly Registered

Post by sleek082 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:06 am

[quote="mulderpf"]Yes it was an email with a Word attachment which had all my details on, but other than that, pretty standard stuff. And yes, it follows an online application.[/quote]

I receiced the same email yesterday. I applied at Pretoria. I applied early December and it was rejected (I forget my to attach my degree) but I did not receive this letter.
I hope that it is a good sign.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:27 am

sleek082 wrote:
mulderpf wrote:Yes it was an email with a Word attachment which had all my details on, but other than that, pretty standard stuff. And yes, it follows an online application.

I receiced the same email yesterday. I applied at Pretoria. I applied early December and it was rejected (I forget my to attach my degree) but I did not receive this letter.
I hope that it is a good sign.
If the application was rejected how can the email be a good sign?
regards,
push

sleek082
Newly Registered

Post by sleek082 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:45 am

An earlier application was rejected. I reapplied and got the letter.

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi, I have also applied in the first week of december, do you guys think that if our application is successful we would be issued a visa immediately in january, I doubt it as the website says they are now considering applications received before 27th October. Our application won't be considered before 15-20 feb at the earliest.

Do you have any other info that might help us on the timing ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:03 pm

mithil_v wrote:Hi, I have also applied in the first week of december, do you guys think that if our application is successful we would be issued a visa immediately in january, I doubt it as the website says they are now considering applications received before 27th October. Our application won't be considered before 15-20 feb at the earliest.

Do you have any other info that might help us on the timing ?
If the application is successful (and that happens only after it has been considered!!) then you should get the VISA immediately.
regards,
push

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:30 pm

So does that mean that all the successful applicants (that applied before 27th Oct 2010) are getting their passports with visa this week?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:51 pm

mithil_v wrote:So does that mean that all the successful applicants (that applied before 27th Oct 2010) are getting their passports with visa this week?
Yes BUT ONLY IF the applications have been "considered" and have been successful.

The comments above show that they are still "considering" applications received before 27th October - the statement does not say that they have already considered all the applications received before 27th Oct.
regards,
push

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:19 pm

That's helpful. So is it fair to assume that all the applications after 27th Oct2010, have not at all being processed yet ?

I am a little intrigued by this as I have found a link on this very website providing timelines for tier 1 general applications where I read that people who have even applied in the month of november as late as 25 nov have got their passports back, is this possible ?

check this link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=60

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm also 'intrigued' by these postings, as my date should be Nov 16th (date of payment) and I haven't gotten mine either. yet according to this, others have. I must be holding my breath wrong!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Could it be because of different EC posts that people have been applying to?
regards,
push

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Rooroo wrote:I'm also 'intrigued' by these postings, as my date should be Nov 16th (date of payment) and I haven't gotten mine either. yet according to this, others have. I must be holding my breath wrong!
Note that even though your date of payment is 16 November, you only submitted your documents on 2 December. Logic would say that processing of applications cannot start until the entire application is received - so I doubt that they would have started processing your application prior to 2 December.

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:33 pm

I agree they could not finish processing my application until all my records were in, but they've stated that visas are issued in order of the date payment is made. I think other posts on this board have stated that too.
So shouldn't that put me at the Nov 16th date when compared to others that paid later? It's not like they didn't have anough apps before the 16th to complete while waiting on my records...Or am I just wishful thinking here?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:11 am

Who told you they process applications in order of payment? If someone paid a day after you, but submitted their documentation a week before you, does that mean they would have to wait for you to submit your documentation before they can get their visa?
All applications are processed in the order in which they are received at post in so far as that is operationally possible.
Your application was only forwarded to post when you submitted your supporting documentation and biometrics, so "Application received" says to me, that it refers to the full application, not just the payment and personal details. Remember, that online submission only submits your personal details and not your points assessment - there's nothing anyone can assess about the points you are claiming until they received Appendix 1, hence, very little processing could take place based on payment and personal details alone.

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:32 am

Yes, I think its the date you submit your entire application that should be considered.

Inspite of this what about the difference of facts from the website and this post, is it really the case that people have received their passports after having applied as late as 30 Nov 2010 ?