ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone received their T1 after Dec 23rd?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:40 am

Mithil_v, the website refers to in-country applications, not out-of-country applications.

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:15 am

maybe thats the case, not sure, do you know if there is any guide to the waiting time for out-of-country applications......

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:22 am

mithil_v wrote:maybe thats the case, not sure, do you know if there is any guide to the waiting time for out-of-country applications......
Here it is. No specific dates though.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:34 am

Yes, have been following this link, but guess with the flood of applications in Nov-dec, this October data is not really a guide.

I think the applications made in late Nov-Early Dec will only hear replies by mid-Jan at the earliest ( ?? )

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:44 pm

"Date of application" is the date used, not the date you submit supporting documents. In the US, we can only apply online, then send in supporting information. The date on my application is Nov 16th. I've also seen somewhere (but can't find it right now) that the date of application is defined as the date you make payment. Again, when applying online, you pay online and it's before you can submit supporting documents.

Not that any of this matters anymore, as we've all made the deadline. Hurray!

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:57 pm

I did find this from amuk in a prior link.

amuk

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:14 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a (prompt) response from Richard Jackson.

The date that will be considered is that date you made the payment -- be that online or elsewhere.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:28 pm

That's the date of application and I agree it is in fact the date of payment, however, they will only start processing once they've received your Appendix 1 form together with all the supporting documentation. Without the appendix there is nothing to process.

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Oh, I totally agree. And in the past, pre-limit-that-is-no-more, it probably didn't matter. Now, tho, I think there were so many apps coming in a once that they didn't even notice my supporting documents arrived a few weeks later.
I'm just anxious to get "my date" so I can make plans. I know we all are. The sooner the better, eh?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:46 pm

What date did you put on your visa application? I asked for 1 March.

I applied two days before it closed, so I literally got in just before that door slammed closed. Luckily my visa post is not too busy, so I'm hoping that they will inform me this week still of the outcome.

My tracking status changed from "received for processing" to "under process" on the 28th. I didn't actually notice the change of wording until today. Since they had 28, 29, 30 and 31st to work on it, I'm really holding thumbs that they've completed the application and they're just waiting to open again in January.

Wishful thinking or just positive thinking - either way, I'm feeling good about this!!!

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 pm

I just asked them to post-date 90 days since I didn't have a clue when I'd get in.

How do you check the tracking status? It sounds like you're in good shape!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 pm

Oh, I just realised, it's a service provided by VFS (applications from South Africa are processed through them), but US applications are processed through WorldBridge. I quickly checked their site and they don't seem to have anything to check statuses. :cry:

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:45 pm

Drat! It would be nice to know. At least your status changed, so they were working on these during the holly days!

Good luck!

silverTR
Norway

Post by silverTR » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:42 pm

i don't know if i am too optimistic.. but i except to change our status in the very first week of Jan.. I have a legal obligation to quit my job before i resign.. i count on this week .. than i am quitting :)

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 am

Do you guys know if it is of any help to call their helpline number. I called them couple of days back and just received the reply that the app is under process.....not vry helpful

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 am

Rooroo wrote:I just asked them to post-date 90 days since I didn't have a clue when I'd get in.

How do you check the tracking status? It sounds like you're in good shape!
I just thought about this - how did you ask them to do this? The question on the online application asked for a specific date - what date did you choose? (If I remember correctly, it was one of the last questions to be asked - unlike the paper version where it's the first question they ask you). Where did you indicate 90 days post dated?

Rooroo
Newly Registered

Post by Rooroo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

I put July 1st, 2011. Then in my comments, cover letter, and anywhere else I could, I asked for the 90 days. Hopefully that will make sense to them. I really don't care what the date is, but I need to 90days to get everything shut down here before I go - you know, sell the car, put the house on the market, blah blah. If they don't give me the 90 days, I'll miss some of my 2 years in the UK while I stay here and finish that up. These aren't things I wanted to do in advance in case I don't get in!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Rooroo wrote:I put July 1st, 2011. Then in my comments, cover letter, and anywhere else I could, I asked for the 90 days. Hopefully that will make sense to them. I really don't care what the date is, but I need to 90days to get everything shut down here before I go - you know, sell the car, put the house on the market, blah blah. If they don't give me the 90 days, I'll miss some of my 2 years in the UK while I stay here and finish that up. These aren't things I wanted to do in advance in case I don't get in!
Or otherwise you can come in here on the VISA start date and go back immediately to sort your things out. If your first entry is within 28 days of visa start date you would not need a second extension.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ash72
Newly Registered

UK Tier-1 Application Status

Post by ash72 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 am

I submitted online application on 26th Nov and paid fee + biometrics on 2nd Dec in Delhi VFS... but still status is same "forwarded to British High Commission".. Any one who paid in Dec'10 and got any reply/update? Pls share

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Please look for / post application processing timelines in this topic.

regards