ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British children in pakistan - passports expired!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

general

British children in pakistan - passports expired!

Post by general » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi I have been living in pakistan with my wife and 4 children for past 5 years, 3 of my children were born in uk and have british passports which were valid for 5 years and have now expired. I am a british passport holder and citizen by decent. I need to travel urgently back to uk with my children. I went through a very difficult marriage and had many problems. My wife is a pakistani national and my eldest child.

I understand I will need to apply for settlement for my wife and eldest child again, they lived in the uk with me for 6 years, I didn't apply for ILR for my wife and child. I am going apply for renewal passports for my other 3 children. Please advise me can I apply for emergency travel documents for my 3 children holding expired british passports? Also I have there birth certificates expired passports my british passport which is still valid will I need any other documents to prove or speed the process?

Also what will be the procedure for re applying for my wife and eldest child to come and live with me in the uk again. As I wish to go back to the uk perminantly.

Thankyou

general

Post by general » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 am

I have applied for new british passports from high commission in Islamabad and it will take about 4 weeks. Regarding the spouse visa or marriage visa Do I make the application or the wife and which will be a easier process. I have a son who is 14 years old who was endorsed on wifes passport. Any advice will really be appreciated.

What will be the requirements (documents needed) to make it a stronger case. I have sufficient savings approx 15,000 pounds, My own house and accomodation. I'm still in pakistan at the moment. what about employment and the fact my spouse overstayed 4 years and then came to pakistan and is now applying after living in pakistan over 5 years.

Please anyone any advice will be really appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:46 am

general wrote:Do I make the application or the wife and which will be a easier process.
The person seeking entry clearance applies.

regards

general

Post by general » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks sush for your advice and response, this forum has helped me alot and has also given me peace of mind, although the A1 language test is very daunting, I think its time to get the books out and start teaching the mrs again!! She understands 90% of spoken english but she has not spoken it in like 5 years only responded in urdu in normal conversations,,, I know strange.

Thanks guys wish me luck!!! :)